Contribute
Register

Intel DP965LT, C2D E6300, Nvidia Geforce 9600GT DVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5-6700K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I have intel DP965LT motherboard 1.86Ghz, with core 2 duo E6300 processor. And my graphic card Nvidia Geforce 9600GT DVI display. I upgraded my RAM to 8GB DDR2-667 RAM, with SATA 180GB hard drive. May I know this PC spec. can support to run MAC OS X 10.6 snow leopard? OR which MAC OS X version you can suggest to me.
Please help...thanks a lot.

Mountian lion on sony with intel 965 express chipset

Hi, I have intel DP965LT motherboard 1.86Ghz, with core 2 duo E6300 processor. And my graphic card Nvidia Geforce 9600GT DVI display. I upgraded my RAM to 8GB DDR2-667 RAM, with SATA 180GB hard drive. May I know this PC spec. can support to run MAC OS X 10.6 snow leopard? OR which MAC OS X version you can suggest to me.

Hey mate ill save you some trouble. Your board is gonna be pretty easy to get up and running with mountain lion, you could use older versions but there isn't any real reason to. Follow the below guide you'll need an existing mac to set up and download the mountain lion installer app.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Your computer should be supported by multi beast really well, you will need to tick easybeast, you'll need to install lnx2macs ethernet package and figure out which audio plugin you need.

Is that a laptop? It doesn't sound like it!?

Is that a laptop? It doesn't sound like it!?

It's a desktop with a first gen core 2 duo processor, he lists the motherboard DP965LT an intel branded one.

It's a desktop with a first gen core 2 duo processor, he lists the motherboard DP965LT an intel branded one.

Moved out of ML laptop support to SL desktop support.

I don't think osx supports your motherboards sound chip, try the universal audio options in multibeast, otherwise you could buy a cheap pci or USB sound card which is supported in osx.

kenwsf

As to the Sound codex for this motherboard - suggest you look at this link
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...6gzxx-intel-board-sound-working-micheadphone/

This may make it work.

thanks to RehabMan and CrazyFrog for their imput.

It's my desktop. Not laptop. Thx

Can this mobo fully support 10.7 Lion. I meant the audio and ethernet controller.
How I can get if I have done my Lion installation.
Pls....thx.

Can this mobo fully support 10.7 Lion. I meant the audio and ethernet controller.
How I can get if I have done my Lion installation.
Pls....thx.

ken

The problem for any OSX install w this hardware is the STAX Codec this is an issue w any OSX.

Suggest you Google STAC9227 kexts

See the links for this that were posted in a prior post.

The ethernet is OK as its an intel Motherboard. This should be ok for any of the OSX OS's LION MOUNTAIN LION

If you have OSX SL 10.6.7 installed then you should be ok to get to the Apple App store purchase and download and make the USB that you need to install ML. Lion is no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back