Contribute
Register

Intel DH77DF Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I connected front USB 3.0 panel to the blue connector of course.

Sorry that I didn't provide an improved DSDT - have been working on one that would be at least "fine", if it can't be great. On Monday I'll post the best I could achieve. In this version USB 3.0 works only after waking up and wake only works by power button. But maybe you guys will be more lucky.

Updated DSDT that's mostly working for BIOS 104.

Attachments

• 104.dsl.zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 120

Hey!

I just set up my machine with mountain lion.
Here is my configuration:

Intel DH77DF (Bios 104)
Intel i5-3450
Crucial M4
Onboard graphics

I installed it via unibeast and I was able to boot the machine via chameleon on the USB drive. Than I wanted to use multibeast to install the necassary drivers. I downloaded it and your DSDT, which I moved to the desktop. I compiled it using DSDTSE to get a aml-file. I opened multibeast, choosed User-DSDT without checking anything else. Than the installation begins and he says, the drivers were sucessfull installed. But I'm not able to boot. If I try booting from SSD, it says "A bootable device has not been detected" and I I want to boot via chameleon, the system crashes.

So, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Chris

Check if you have hot-plug capabilities for SATA drives disabled in BIOS. If you do, then try maybe patching the SATA drivers so that the OS is given an additional delay in enumerating boot drives (problem that began with Mountain Lion's drivers that enumerate the drives too quickly).

What do you mean with "patching SATA drivers"?

I did a new OSX install and did not use multibeast yet. I installed Chimera. I can boot into the OS by using the bootable usb stick. If I want to use the SSD, the system crashes at startup.

What is the crash reason? First - if it's AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, then you'd have to copy NullCPUPowerManagement to your system's S/L/E directory. If it's related to AppleIntelACPIPlatform, then try booting with dart=0 kernel option (Credit and more info here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...after-1082-google-hasnt-heard-of-it-any-help/ ) , which I mentioned a few posts ago.

As for patching SATA drivers - go to the following thread, since I don't want to post any information without proper attribution - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...n-kernel-cache-used-only-with-some-disks-fix/

Thanks for your reply.

I used multibeast now but not your DSDT. It seems, that it's working for now. Booting is also no problem.
But I realized, that the HD2500 of my 3450 CPU is not supported. So, 1024x768 on a HDscreen is not that beautiful. I think, I need to change the CPU.

And another thing: As soon as the system is up an running, it's fast. But the booting procedure takes around 45sec - 1min. When windows was installed on the SSD, the system boots in 20secs.

Thanks.

I still have the automatic wake when sleeping for the first time.

Also there is something that bothers me. I have a dual monitor setup with HD4000 and HD5450 graphics.
When booting the display with the HD4000 shows the white screen with the spinning wheel.
When booting is finished the display with the HD4000 goes black and the display with the HD5450 shows the desktop.
The only way to get the display with the HD4000 working again is by switching it off and back on.

macbirdie,

What exactly did you change in your DSDT? Would it be possible, that you post a patch file for "DSDT Editor"? I have the very similar DQ77KB here and I think, it could be good to implement your edits in my DSDT too.

Thank you

MacTester

Also there is something that bothers me. I have a dual monitor setup with HD4000 and HD5450 graphics.
When booting the display with the HD4000 shows the white screen with the spinning wheel.
When booting is finished the display with the HD4000 goes black and the display with the HD5450 shows the desktop.
The only way to get the display with the HD4000 working again is by switching it off and back on.

I already figured it out.
I added this to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist and now both displays show the desktop when booting is finished.
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2560x1440x32</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back