Contribute
Register

Intel "compatible" components = easier Mac OS Install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello;

I have researched this topic "too death", and even have a Hackintoshed Dell Mini 10v, but this question still bothers me:

"If you go out and purchase almost the Identical components found in the iMac and the Mac Pro (both 8 & 16 core versions)...then why isn't it easier to just load Snow Leopard 10.6 onto these components, without having to mess around with the various Loaders, Distros; etc out here??"

Referring back to my Hacked Mini 10v netbook...all it took to have a working SL 10.6.2 was to start-up the system with an Empire bootloader and install SnowL using the retail disk (yeah, I paid the $29 apple tax!) and everything worked..Ethernet, Sound, multi Display options; etc....so my thinking is: if that worked with the Dell-oriented parts, then why can't it work for a Desktop with nearly-identical Intel/Nvidia components??!

See, you can find the all the specificiations for the Mac Pro and iMac Googled online, and if you match the equipment inside of them and activate (of course, without buying that EFI-X ripoff tool) with your BootLoader...should'nt you have a cheaper, yet fully-working MacIntosh??

Just my thought...looking too hear from those knowledgable on this subject.

Thanks~ :wave:

Uhm, that's pretty much what we're suggesting and Tonymac's boot loader is somewhat similar to Empire EFI in terms of what it does.

So having a P55 motherboard with a suitable processor would be like having an iMac. The problem is that not all graphics cards are that easy to work and oddly enough it's the ATI cards that are giving headaches compared to the Nvidia cards, go figure :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back