Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did you visit Micro Center?, I’m going in tomorrow, can’t wait!. Hoping they have an AMD CPU cooler back plate for my B450 which I picked up from there.
For a while if they had a frequent buyer program I would have had elite status as every hack I built has something in it that came from MicroCenter.

Sorry for the reply on a old Post, I've found the same Drive in my local Store dirt cheap. Are there any gotchas with this drive?

Regards

The following drives have no broken TRIM issues with APFS/macOS

Working fine with TRIM:
  • Western Digital Blue SN570
  • Western Digital Blue SN580
  • Western Digital Black SN770
  • Western Digital Black SN750
  • Western Digital Black SN850(X)
Vit9696 has written that the following Intel drive works too. He didn't test the 670p model.
  • Intel 760p (including OEM models, e.g. SSDPEMKF512G8)
The main issue with the 670p is the QLC nand flash. It doesn't hold up as well longer term.

Safest bet is to go with one of the WD drives listed above. You can sometimes find prices nearly as low as the
670p and they are all TLC nand flash memory. About four months ago, they hit the lowest prices ever but have since gone back up as supply has decreased.

The SN770 is the best bang for your buck NVMe in my opinion.

Last edited:
The following drives have no broken TRIM issues with APFS/macOS

Working fine with TRIM:
  • Western Digital Blue SN570
  • Western Digital Blue SN580
  • Western Digital Black SN770
  • Western Digital Black SN750
  • Western Digital Black SN850(X)
Vit9696 has written that the following Intel drive works too. He didn't test the 670p model.
  • Intel 760p (including OEM models, e.g. SSDPEMKF512G8)
The main issue with the 670p is the QLC nand flash. It doesn't hold up as well longer term.

Safest bet is to go with one of the WD drives listed above. You can sometimes find prices nearly as low as the
670p and they are all TLC nand flash memory. About four months ago, they hit the lowest prices ever but have since gone back up as supply has decreased.

The SN770 is the best bang for your buck NVMe in my opinion.

Found the SN770 1TB in my local store Argos for £64.99 think that is a good price for the 1TB version. The Intel 670p is £41

Regards

Back