I7-6950x
Graphics
NVIDA 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I built GA-H170N-WIFI and a i5-6500. and its been very stable for over 18 Months looking at the spec the board supports
  1. 2 x HDMI ports, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz
    * Support for HDMI 1.4 version
So I recently bought a new 4K monitor but but I can only run at 1080 there is no option for 4K in the display options.

Do I need to change anything in the Config.plist. (attached)

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.1 KB · Views: 59
Im running 10.12.6 and although the display now works at 4K using the mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2-master. If I turn the monitor off and on the display is black and I have to power cycle the box to wake the display up.

Will your suggestion work with Sierra.

Bob

I went from 10.12.2 to Mojave directly, what used to work in Sierra wouldn't in Mojave so I had to start over.
What you're describing is, I think, is solved by the latest Lilu + Whatevergreen

give it a shot, duplicate your EFI folder so you have a working EFI just in case, and keep researching and trying :)

I have compiled the new WEG + Lilu Just going through the Documentation on whats needs doing regarding frame buffers.

Even though the 4K works if I loose the monitor I can't get back to the screen after the monitor comes back on. Looses sync... have logged on using Team Viewer and Share Screen through my MacBook Pro and All I see is a black screen.

Bob

If you haven't changed the config.plist, you're missing a couple of things:
- acpi patches are not properly set, the following are missing:
- rename GFX0 to iGPU
- rename HECI to IMEI

have you tried adding the flags for 4K?
check the pinned threads, you'll find, most of the time, the answer in post #1 or googling through them with your ig-platform-id and the issue you face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back