Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Force
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
With my (first) build-in-progress, I'm seeing flashing or blinking video output on one of the two HDMI ports once booted into OS X. I see the problem while at the OS X login screen and after, but do not see the display flash or blink during any BIOS or other test-based screens, including the OS X verbose boot screens.

On the GA-Z87X OC FORCE motherboard, the "top" HDMI port stacked with two USB 3 ports is giving me this problem. The second "bottom" HDMI port, stacked with the DisplayPort port, is not; the video from that port is rock solid. I have been able to hot swap a cable between the ports and immediately clear up the flashing/blinking problem, and returning the cable to the top HDMI port brings the problem back.

The system is running OS X Mavericks 10.9.2, upgraded from an install of 10.9. I have upgraded the motherboard to BIOS F8, and I had some Mavericks boot-up problems until I installed the BIOS update.

My display is an older Gateway FPD2485W. I'm using an HDMI to DVI cable since the display does not have HDMI. I have two of these displays and wouldn't mind using them both. Also, since I'm in the process of trying combinations out, I simply forget which of the two HDMI ports works best.

I don't know if it matters, but it's somewhat hard to get some of the USB and HDMI connections to work, since I've had trouble lining up the back plate of the motherboard with the actual ports on the motherboard.

Eventually, I would like to get a dedicated GPU, but the longer I can run on the Intel HD 4600, the more time I have to put together other parts I'm interested in. Therefore, any thoughts on this flashing/blinking problem would be appreciated.

Is graphics acceleration working otherwise? Do you have your device-id set in chimera?

I have the same problem, i got a TV LED 32'' connected to the HDMi but with a connector to DVi in the PC, because my GTX 570 only has display port and i don't got the adapter for that.

Any solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back