Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
H77N-WiFi, i5-3570K, 8MB, Intel HD4000 graphics working flawlessly on my CustoMac thanks to tonymacx86 & company!

However, I'm assuming that there is a setting (or settings) on the Gigabyte GA-H77N-WiFi's BIOS (F2) that is ML friendly, but causing issues for the Intel HD4000 Graphics Driver for Windows 7 64-bit. I can get the OS and updates installed OK and so long as I stay in VGA mode and don't attempt to install the HD4000 graphics driver, everything appears to be working just fine.

When trying to install the correct graphics driver, I've received error messages, had the system reboot, fail to boot back into Windows, and even boot up in 1920x1080 mode, only to lock-up completely a few minutes later with the screen filling up with flashing rectangles. I downloaded a couple different versions of the 64 bit graphics driver from Intel's website and tried to install with the exe file (I get a 'My Machine Does Not Meet Minimum Requirements' error message) and also by updating the driver manually through device manager.

I've tried three times to install with two different retail versions of Win 7 and hit the same wall each time. Any suggestions?

Thanks once again.

KC

Same problem with my i3 3225 x64 Win7 set up. Anybody got ideas? I thought it might be hardware so was pleased to find this post. I have not hackintoshed it yet. Samsung 830 SDD for os. Fresh patched W7 install still does it under load. Seems OK for web browsing etc. Picture below. The screen seems to freeze and hard to tell if the machine is still running.
20130615_164437.jpg

Hmmm, just had a hard crash while watching 1080p video in vlc. Beginning to wonder if it is a hardware issue.

EDIT: Success, I think. It is looking like it was a bad stick of RAM. I will need to test it further but I think this stick has given me grief in the past. I must throw the thing. It passed the windows assessment this time without it.

Edit2: Was definitely a bad stick of RAM. It has worked flawlessly since changing it out for a new stick, even under hard loading. Now if I can just get the graphics to look nice in OSX.

I tried several times to install "mb_driver_vga_intel_64_7series.zip", which is the latest one I downloaded from Gigabyte's site. Maybe that's the one you tried as well although it sounds like you tried different versions. Like yours, it crashed my Windows 64-bit installation so I reinstalled everything and left it off. System runs fine now. Not sure whether the driver conflict is happening and I don't want to speculate, but everything runs smoothly with just the default Windows driver.

One thing I noticed: the Intel driver setup installed audio drivers as well and I wonder if that may be a source of conflict since the Gigabyte has Realtek audio.

New RAM fixed a similar W7x64 problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back