Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Everyone,

Just finished building and installing my first hackintosh (yay me!), and I seem to have everything working except for my graphics. I built a CustoMac Hack Mini 2011, using the alternate motherboard option, so:

CPU - Intel Core i3-2105
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
RAM -CORSAIR 8GB DDR3
Case + Power Supply - APEX MI-008 Mini-ITX

I used Unibeast on my 10.7.2 install app, and then set everything up with Multibeast and a DSDT from the database, and the Mac Mini smbios, getting my internet and audio working perfectly, but my graphics just won't enable. I'm stuck with a 1024x768 resolution, and if I About this Mac > More Info, I get: "Graphics Display 64 MB", instead of the Intel 3000HD that I know I have.

I've already tried deleting every kext with graphics in the name and then reinstalling them using kext utility, but it was to no avail. I'm still stuck with 1024x768 and Display 64MB.

Help! Please?!

EDIT:

Other pertinent info: I'm using the vga out for my monitor currently. I haven't tested the hdmi or the dvi, but I could switch to either and check if it would make a difference.

worf66 said:
Hey Everyone,

Just finished building and installing my first hackintosh (yay me!), and I seem to have everything working except for my graphics. I built a CustoMac Hack Mini 2011, using the alternate motherboard option, so:

CPU - Intel Core i3-2105
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
RAM -CORSAIR 8GB DDR3
Case + Power Supply - APEX MI-008 Mini-ITX

I used Unibeast on my 10.7.2 install app, and then set everything up with Multibeast and a DSDT from the database, and the Mac Mini smbios, getting my internet and audio working perfectly, but my graphics just won't enable. I'm stuck with a 1024x768 resolution, and if I About this Mac > More Info, I get: "Graphics Display 64 MB", instead of the Intel 3000HD that I know I have.

I've already tried deleting every kext with graphics in the name and then reinstalling them using kext utility, but it was to no avail. I'm still stuck with 1024x768 and Display 64MB.

Help! Please?!

EDIT:

Other pertinent info: I'm using the vga out for my monitor currently. I haven't tested the hdmi or the dvi, but I could switch to either and check if it would make a difference.
You have to use the HDMI port.

I am in the same situation as worf66 although I am using HDMI. I cannot see the desktop without 'GraphicsEnabler=no' then the graphics are identified by Lion (10.7.3) as 'Display 64 MB'. Any advice please?

Andre make sure you have the Mac Mini system definitions. Check in about this mac to see if it there.

Worf66 HD 3000 graphics aren't available on any mac with vga's as outputs. Use HDMI or DVI and you can then use the graphicsenabler=yes.

Solved. Thanks Munzie!!

Using HDMI worked beautifully! Thank you very much.

I had to reinstall the OS with HDMI, works perfectly.

I still have an issue. I have 384mb set on video and when I changed from BIOS to bigger values it still sees 384mb of video memory. Any ideas?

Thanks.

jorjap said:

I still have an issue. I have 384mb set on video and when I changed from BIOS to bigger values it still sees 384mb of video memory. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Lion ignores the BIOS setting. Video memory is determined by the amount of system memory. In your case, you probably have 4GB installed.

toleda said:
jorjap said:

Thanks.
Lion ignores the BIOS setting. Video memory is determined by the amount of system memory. In your case, you probably have 4GB installed.

I do have 4GB installed, thanks for the tip :)

i just solved it.

I have basically the same setup- same motherboard, CPU, different case/memory.

just reinstalled OSX while hooked up to HDMI.

It thinks it's a MacMini per system information.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No in the Boot.plist. PCIRootUID=0 (seems to be needed to set to boot)

stuck with the 1024x768 resolution, Graphics Display 64 MB, and generic GPU

until I tweaked Boot.plist yet again- enabler=yes, and PCIRootUID=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back