Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

Intel i5 2500k
Asus P8Z68-v GEN3
Asus GTX 560 (non ti !)
Corsair Vegeance LD 16GB (4x 4Gb)

I have question, if I need nullcpupowermanagement.kext for running Elcapitan, what does it mean. Thats mean the there is disabled power managment? Should I care about it?

I also try sleep and it is not working (it works on Yosemity). Can is be connected somehow?

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p700
CPU
2x E5-2620 V3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Intel i5 2500k
Asus P8Z68-v GEN3
Asus GTX 560 (non ti !)
Corsair Vegeance LD 16GB (4x 4Gb)

I have question, if I need nullcpupowermanagement.kext for running Elcapitan, what does it mean. Thats mean the there is disabled power managment? Should I care about it?

I also try sleep and it is not working (it works on Yosemity). Can is be connected somehow?

Please read the Rules :
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is not required with Clover.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/showthread.php?t=128926

Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 1C
CPU
i7-2600K 4,2GHz
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
When I understood correctly, you either need CPUNullPowerManagement kext or a working SSDT
with Sandy Bridge CPUs.

Typically, you would use the CPUNullPowerMnagament kext for you USB dongle and install it also
on your HD/SSD. It will disable power management for the beginning.

Then, if you are done with the other stuff, you may use the script to generate an SSDT, which you
put into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. Then you should NOT have CPUNullPowerMangement kext any
longer in EFI/CLOVER/kext/..., or you don't use all possible P-States (it does not create an error,
but I search 2 days before I remembered I had the kext loaded :)).

If you - by chance - have an SSDT from your former setups, you should be able to use that as an
alternative to having the kext on your USB dongle as well.

[EDIT - as another poster was quicker than me :)]: I am prety sure you need the kext
CPUNullPowerManagement with Clover and a Sandy Bridge CPU. Eventually, you also need to put
cpus=1, at least this is also said in the "Big List of Solutions" thread. The link of P1LGIM shows
a solution, where you create an SSDT and inform Clover to Drop OEM Tables and create C- and P-States
(this, I forgot to mention above). So it is what I described as an alternative. If you don't do that before
(and that's for sure the case when you create your USB stick normaly), you need the kext.

BTW: Sleep issues are not related to this topic IMHO.

BR,
Karlson.

Motherboard
Asus P8Z68-v GEN3
CPU
Intel i5 2500k
Graphics
Asus GTX 560 (non ti !)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
When I understood correctly, you either need CPUNullPowerManagement kext or a working SSDT
with Sandy Bridge CPUs.

Typically, you would use the CPUNullPowerMnagament kext for you USB dongle and install it also
on your HD/SSD. It will disable power management for the beginning.

Then, if you are done with the other stuff, you may use the script to generate an SSDT, which you
put into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. Then you should NOT have CPUNullPowerMangement kext any
longer in EFI/CLOVER/kext/..., or you don't use all possible P-States (it does not create an error,
but I search 2 days before I remembered I had the kext loaded :)).

If you - by chance - have an SSDT from your former setups, you should be able to use that as an
alternative to having the kext on your USB dongle as well.

[EDIT - as another poster was quicker than me :)]: I am prety sure you need the kext
CPUNullPowerManagement with Clover and a Sandy Bridge CPU. Eventually, you also need to put
cpus=1, at least this is also said in the "Big List of Solutions" thread. The link of P1LGIM shows
a solution, where you create an SSDT and inform Clover to Drop OEM Tables and create C- and P-States
(this, I forgot to mention above). So it is what I described as an alternative. If you don't do that before
(and that's for sure the case when you create your USB stick normaly), you need the kext.

BTW: Sleep issues are not related to this topic IMHO.

BR,
Karlson.

Correct, so if I successfully installed my OS I should play with SSDT and disable the CPUNullPowerMnagament kext.

Thanks

EDIT: I tried Intel Power Gadget and the result is interesting, everything looks normal and working (and I have Null kext in L/E

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 14.24.35.png

Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 1C
CPU
i7-2600K 4,2GHz
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
The kext needs to go t oyour EFI partition in CLOVER/kexts/10.11 or others, to be injected by Clover.
I am not sure, whether it is really loaded. System Information might show you. Your graphs says: no.

Anyhow, you are on the right track.

BR,
Karlson.

Motherboard
Asus P8Z68-v GEN3
CPU
Intel i5 2500k
Graphics
Asus GTX 560 (non ti !)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
But If i get it right, I am booting without cpus=1 with no problem and there is some CPU managment so should I do something or everything works?

Status
Not open for further replies.