Contribute
Register

Integrated HD 530 Graphics on Skylake Pentium G4500 Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU
i5-7600
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am considering building a very low budget system for testing purposes. The tests will be on different hardware, OS's, utilities, etc., so the processor will not be taxed at all. About the most difficult thing the processor will need to do well in this build is to post and respond to forum topics.

Is it possible to use the integrated HD 530 graphics on the Skylake Pentium G4500?

If so, then the information is difficult for me to find and/or interpret. Skyline Pentium chips have been used in a successful builds here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-skylake-pentium-g4400-msi-h100m-pro-vd.197960/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...s-z170m-plus-with-clover-using-pentium-g4500/

However, this was done using NVIDIA graphics cards and a Clover FakeCPUID for an Ivy Bridge CPU. I would like to use the integrated HD 530 graphics.

The Clover Wiki lists codes for other FakeCPUID's, but there are currently none for a Skylake chip. From my limited understanding, using a FakeCPUID of a Skylake chip with HD 530 graphics would seem to give the best chance for success. El Capitan 10.11.4 and later have native support for HD 530, so could it be made to work? Certainly HD 530 graphics work easily on i3 and i5 chips (except for sleep, but that does not concern me on this build).

Pike R Alpha related in his blog that this may be possible:

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/03/25/os-x-10-11-4-build-15e65-and-skylake-graphics-support/

Unfortunately, he discusses things that are quite outside of my knowledge base so it is difficult for me to interpret what he is saying or how to proceed. I am not a programmer, so it can take me a while to learn some of the things that involve a lot of code.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. An example build would be even better if one already exists as I have not been able to find one.

Sounds like a challenge. I've been getting in with a Pentium g3258 Haswell and just the other day I was able to get it booted into Sierra Beta 7 with Intel HD4600 graphics, I was amazed. This is a challenge build for me because I'm also working on the AMD RX 4XX cards compatibility in Sierra. I want to get an RX 460 working in a Haswell pentium build.

In the past I've gotten in using 0x0306A0 in the Binaries menu in clover, it's the i5 Ivy Bridge code, but my best option or go to boot CPU ID is 0x106E0. It seems to be missing the 0x0first but give it a try, it's an old Core2Duo code Penryn I think and it always seems to get me into both El Capitan and Now Sierra. The problem I have is having to use it every time as it won't stick when using clover configurator after its set in the Binaries menu. It always sets as 0x00106E0 which never boots. Try it manually at boot and go to graphics settings in clover and inject Intel 530, or use fake ID 0x1912 and load Vbios.

If you persist, I'm sure you'll get in, I hope so I love the challenge of getting In with a $50 CPU/graphics chip, it's great to see it work.

I got back in with 0x0306A0, its acting just like my Skylake graphics with this RX 460
I'm getting the dual screen "booster graphics" effect.

core2 intel.png Core2Duo.png
I can't pass a uningine, in fact it drops right to black screen. This Luxmark looks encouraging though. Ill throw my R9 270X aka HD 7XXX in tomorrow night and go with dedicated graphics, and try this "integrated" mode as well.

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 10.40.33 PM.png

Do you have a config plist assembled except for the CPU? My system definition is iMac 14.1 for this set up.

You actually got the IGP to work correctly? Can you post your config.plist?
pentium config.plist.zip Try this, its weird I have it set for no caches but the only way to boot is to hit space bar and then select with caches and kexts. Its ironic, but if you have trouble booting try it. If I set clover to caches I have to choose without caches before boot. When in auto boot mode it boots on it own without any changes in clover.

P.S. I provided UUID but you will need to add a serial number to the plist in clover. Use configurator "Magic Wand" to generate one for it. if you single click on this file after decompressing it you can go to file-openwith-clover and add the serial number.

Attachments

• pentium config.plist.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 291
Hi, everybody i got all time BlacScreen. today good morning i just add param GraphicsEnabler=1 and all stuff works correct. WTF?

Hi, everybody i got all time BlacScreen. today good morning i just add param GraphicsEnabler=1 and all stuff works correct. WTF?

Where did you add the GE=1, in boot arguments?

Attachments

• myConfig.plist
    9 KB · Views: 283
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back