Contribute
Register

Integrated and Discrete Graphics, Working Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have an intel hd630 and discrete amd hd6670 pciex. Bios is set to igfx as primary. Following guides I managed to make the system boot ok, even with a monitor attached to each graphics. But the one attached via vga to hd6670 is in black. Display preferences only show the intel igfx, but I see the hd6670 in system report. During installation of high Sierra both displays get signal and once in the SO they work fine toghether in mirror or separate display setup but hd6670 show flickering and strange colors. After multibeast installation and reboot hd6670 display is in black. I also give up of my gtx1060 and disconnected it, do you think is more easy with the Nvidia or should I keep trying with the hd6670. I need both graphics working because I have two monitors and one is only vga. Could connect both to hd6670 but I'm using igfx as primary because until now is the easiest for installing high Sierra with the inconvenient of the lack of vga port. How can I make hd6670 work fine as secondary graphics?*English is not my primary language.

Hi toleda, I noted that you use Amd cards and may be you can help me, please. I`m new in this mac-hackintosh scene, I just have about one week with my setup.
  1. Description of graphics problem: I want to know if I can run an nvidia gtx 1060 and amd hd6670 at the same time for dual display. (one of my monitor is vga only, thas how I used in windows, the hdmi attached to the gtx1060 and the vga attached to the hd6670). Im on high sierra updated with suplemental and the last nvidia driver, everything is working ok (I have the igfx hd630 disabled in bios). I have injected ati and i can see recognized the HD6670 in system report , but only black screen is showing from the hd6670.
  2. HIgh sierra 10.13.3. mobo Asus Prime Z270-A, bios 1009, Core I5 7500, PNY GTX1060 6GB and Saphire HD6670 1gb ddr3.
  3. Procedure/Guide Used: Clean instal with unibeast and multibeast just for enabling usb 3.1 ports. Do not have to tweak anything else besides installing nvidia web driver.
PD: I also have a huge memory leak in windowserver process. incremental until reach more than 10 gb and makes sistem to slow and foreced to restart.

Attachments

• Efra’s iMac.ioreg
    4.2 MB · Views: 120
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Guys, if you have problems and none of the suggestions works, try this #414 It solved the VDAcheck problem with me and now I have full hw acceleration working!

want to know if I can run an nvidia gtx 1060 and amd hd6670 at the same time for dual display
HD6670: if only graphics installed, black screen? If yes, fix. If no, proof AMD and Nvidia together do not work.
A DVI2VGA adapter on the 1060 is much simpler solution.
Note: no Intel graphics; off topic.

if you have problems and none of the suggestions works
Post #1/Fully enabled integrated and discrete graphics systems in macOS, 10.8.3 or newer. Support of Intel integrated graphics, HD3000 or newer, with AMD HD, 5xxx or newer, or Nvidia GT/S/X, 4xx or newer, discrete graphics.
Shiki addresses a DRM problem
Thanks for the suggestion, off topic.

HD6670: if only graphics installed, black screen? If yes, fix. If no, proof AMD and Nvidia together do not work.
A DVI2VGA adapter on the 1060 is much simpler solution.
Note: no Intel graphics; off topic.

well, sorry for the off topic. I already trying again with the Intel 630 due to the memory leak with nvidua web drivers. Test with only hd6670's monitor attached, system boot ok but black screen, connected monitor to gtx1060 and login screen show. I Think Amd and nvidia indeed do not work together, or I believe that the OS do not see hd6670 as a video device. Tried to find an dvivga adapter with no luck. I'm trying a setup that do not have to disconnect any graphics, I mean, leaving it as it work in windows, so I just have to load Bios preset and choose boot drive to change between OSs. I Will clean install in spare drive using Intel graphics to test the memory leak problem and I'll be back with info. Thanks

I've been tryin to get KBL HD630+RX560 working but with no luck. If I use ig-platform-id 0x59120000 I get restart on boot, if I use ig-platform-id 0x59120003 both GPU's work but crashes instantly when going into sleep.

Bios settings:
Chipset/Integrated Graphics
-Enabled
Peripherals/Initial Display Output
-PCI 1 slot

macOS 10.13.1
Gigabyte Z270n-wifi
I7-7700k
MSI Radeon RX560 Aero ITX 4gb

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? IOReg, debug.log and config.plist attached.

Attachments

• ioreg_debug_config.zip
    842.2 KB · Views: 78
What BIOS settings?

Not mentioned in Post #1 and not valid.

What displays connected to what ports on which graphics system?

BIOS settings are on the post, first init dGPU. Both iGPU+dGPU enabled. Dell u3417w 3440x1440, HDMI from iGPU and DP from RX560. Everything Works when i follow the guide to the letter, but crashes as soon as it goes to sleep. Sleep works with dGPU only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back