Insyde H20 and Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo
CPU
P6000
Hi,

I'm trying to install OSX on an older Lenovo G460 and I've read online that many people have successfully used this model, albeit with different specs (faster CPU). Using the Naresh build installed on a USB, I'm unable to get the Apple installer to load up, though I've gotten most of the settings right (Boot priority, AHCI). The problem seems to be with Insyde H20. All instructions I've read say to disable boot from UEFI. I'm fairly new to this so it took me a lot of search to realize that the UEFI was actually InsydeH20 itself. Insyde H20 gives you no option to disable boot from UEFI, but I keep reading that people are building Hackintoshes on laptops with this Insyde H20. So I'm wondering if there is any way to bypass the UEFI and get into the actual BIOS to disable boot from UEFI or is it something else I'm missing?

JW

I have an Insyde bios as well and I have a nearly completely functional hackintosh. Whats your bios revision? Hopefully it's similar to mine.

Thanks for the quick reply. It's InsydeH20 3.5, which I believe is the latest one. It allows for me to change to AHCI, enable Legacy USB, and change the boot order. I also enabled Intel Virtual Technology (should be enabled, right?). There are only one or two recommended BIOS settings I don't have access to, such as the 64-bit graphic something or other. I already have Windows 7 installed on the HDD, could that be blocking it somehow? Do I need to install it on a completely unused hard drive? I made a partition with around 150 GB on it. Also are there any specifications for the USB drive that you need to use to make the boot disk? It says to use a pen drive with 8 GB or more. All I have are external HDDs with 60 and 120 GBs respectively. They are both pretty old, so I don't know if that makes a difference, or if I need to use an actual flash drive for some reason (USB HDD should work right?). They have been reformatted according to instructions, but I noticed something at the bottom of Disk Utility that said SMART system not supported on the harddrive and I read elsewhere that SMART needs to be enabled in the BIOS. Could that be affecting it? I don't know what SMART is really. I also tried the retail install with Unibeast and had no luck either with that method. I hit F10 at startup and selected the USB HDD from the boot menu, but then Windows just starts loading. I tried some different things to just reformat the whole harddrive and wipe windows. I guess it worked because Windows won't boot anymore (I don't really care because this is an old laptop and I don't mind if I brick it even). But the installer still won't load and now I get this message saying BOOTMGR not found. I'm pretty sure that's a windows file, so hopefully I don't need that for the hackintosh.

Bootmgr is in fact a windows file so that can't be the problem. SMART shouldn't have anything to do with it if the hard drive could run Windows previously. SMART is some sort of hard disk check. And when I ask what your bios revision is I mean like F.1A or something or other, you should be able to find it by going into your BIOS menu and it will be on the main page. As for the Unibeast installer, what are you using to make it? A real mac or a VM or a previous hackintosh? What flash drive and size? More detailed system specs would be useful too.

This is what the bios screen should look like: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8368/8389253071_46d6722c5c_k.jpg

Yeah, my BIOS doesn't look anything like that. It says BIOS Version 29CN38WW (v2.15). My system is from China, if that helps. On the OEM Debug menu, it says InsydeH20 version Calpella03.59.38.1046.0213. As far as other system specs that I'm aware of, I think I told you everything I know. The CPU is Intel P6000, which may be the problem. I emailed a person who sells premade hackintoshes here in China, and they said I need to modify the kernel. How do I go about doing that? Is it possible without being able to enter Windows? Because if not, I think I'm screwed here. As far as the boot USB, I used a real Mac desktop to create it. My USB drive is a Seagate, but it's really old, like from 2001, so I don't know if that makes any difference. Its size is 60GB. As far as other specs like motherboard, I'm not sure how to find it out. I used the speccy tool but it couldn't telll me the motherboard manufacturer and listed it as Lenovo, but I think it's OK because I think it has the same motherboard as other G460s and they all can run OSX. As far as other specs go, I have 4G RAM, and a Slimtype DVD, which also attempted to use to boot.

Also, do I need to manually install Chimera or some other bootloader or is that all done by Unibeast?

OK I think I have it under control now. Thanks for your help. Sorry to waste your time. Another person told me to replace mach_kernel with the modified kernel for amd processors, amd_kernel. So anyone else having a problem with the Intel P6000 processor, can fix it this way. You can find the link at: http://www.osx86.net/view/3539-amd_kernel_for_mountain_lion_10.8.2.html.

Also he gave me his Extra folder, which I copied to the System folder. I have attached it.

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    119.7 KB · Views: 725
WHOA WHOA. You are gonna have a hell of a time trying to run Mountain lion on a Pentium. You will most likely be down on graphics support. Also, I don't thing Pentiums are from AMD so I'm not sure why you're being told to use an AMD kernel man. :p

Hello can you please help me...............how to set the bios settings i also have the same configuration the one that you showed in picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back