Contribute
Register

Instant Wake after exactly 2 sleep/wake cycles (TB3 related? MAG-15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elite X2 G2
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I've gotten this laptop mostly up and running, including sleep, but oddly enough after 2 sleep/wake cycles, the dGPU seems to power itself back on and attempting to sleep after this occurs results in an instant wake bug again.

Sometimes letting it sleep and then instant wake seems to re-shutdown the dGPU, but the problem of instant wake still remains.

Problem goes away upon reboot, and then I get another 2 sleep/wake cycles that work fine.
Wake reason is always "Wake from Standby [CDNVA] due to XHC/HID Activity".

Problem reporting files are attached, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. There are two ioreg dumps, one when sleep is working fine (and dGPU is powered down) and another captured after sleep breaks (and the dGPU begins burning power).

I'm brand new to DSDT patching so I'm frantically trying to learn as I go with this laptop, hopefully most of my edits and patches have been mostly sensible, lol.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• pr_012719.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 36
So I might be onto something...I just realized that most of the other laptops I've seen people have a similar problem with don't have Thunderbolt 3...and this one does.

I was messing around with Hackintool and it made me realize that the TB3 port also has its own XHC controller because it also has to support USB-C, so I think this might be the XHC device that's causing the instant wake.

However, disabling Thunderbolt in the BIOS only disables the Thunderbolt side of that port, not the XHC controller...so I'm wondering if there's a way to either:

• Force the controller to not power on via DSDT / Clover patching?
  • Spoof the PCI ID of the USB-C XHC controller so that AppleXHCITR driver never attaches to it?
I'm okay with losing the functionality of the TB3 port (including USB-C) if it means reliable sleep, so I don't mind fully disabling the entire Titan Ridge controller somehow.

From what I can tell, it's at PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0), if that helps.

Bump...anyone got any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back