Mobile Phone
  1. 0
System :

GA-P55-UD3R
i5 750
4 gb kingston
500gb seagate
Palit ATI 4850

I have got past the combo update to 10.6.2 stage. But I can't boot without -x.

Has anyone successfully enabled the 4850?

In my case, I didn't use these methods. Used netkas exotic patch and edited ati4800 kext to include the 4850 device id. Then you can use either graphics enabler=y or the new DSDT edits (another thread in this forum). Works great with all outputs and in dual monitor but doesn't wake up from sleep correctly.

QE/CI Question:

So I'm on my third version of the iBoot/Multibeast install. Everything is working very well, and after installing the 10.6.2 versions of ATI4800Controller (with the device id), ATIFramebuffer and ATISupport kexts using Kext Utility, I have full resolution on my XFX 4850. However, I still don't have QE/CI. Anyone know a way to enable this? In the previous install I tried installing Netkas' Exotic Patch, which didn't seem to do anything in particular.

Also, on a semi-related note, when I put the computer to sleep it seems to basically shut down very quickly, i.e., it appears to go to sleep but when I click my mouse it goes through the regular boot-up process like a restart. Do I need to use the SleepEnabler kext? I was under the impression sleep would work with the Gigabeast install.

Thanks!

Bryan said:
Also, on a semi-related note, when I put the computer to sleep it seems to basically shut down very quickly, i.e., it appears to go to sleep but when I click my mouse it goes through the regular boot-up process like a restart. Do I need to use the SleepEnabler kext? I was under the impression sleep would work with the Gigabeast install.
In System Profiler / Energy Saver make sure "Start up automatically after a power failure" is checked.

Thanks, I'll try that.

According to this:

http://prasys.co.cc/tag/enable-qeci/

QE/CI works for me. I haven't tried chess but the screen saver works. I thought it would still show up in the profiler. Looks like I'm good to go.

well, that checkbox definitely makes sleep work. there does seem to be a bug, which is that whatever device i use to wake the system (mouse or keyboard) has to be unplugged and replugged for it to keep working. oh well

Bryan said:
well, that checkbox definitely makes sleep work. there does seem to be a bug, which is that whatever device i use to wake the system (mouse or keyboard) has to be unplugged and replugged for it to keep working. oh well

This is a known issue- use the power button instead to wake. We'll come up with a better solution soon- I hope. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back