Graphics
GTX 470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Surely this should work. I've tried with several bootflags, but always wind up with a reboot. Will post pics of my reboot screen when I get home. I can install 10.8.5 but nothing after. Do I need a DSDT on the USB? I can run with no DSDT on 10.8.5. Please provide links to info if I've asked easy questions.

Full spec:
i7 860
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
3 x SATA HDD
MSI P55-GD65
NVIDIA GTX470

Issues:
I've heard the ALC889 doesn't work.

Surely this should work. I've tried with several bootflags, but always wind up with a reboot. Will post pics of my reboot screen when I get home. I can install 10.8.5 but nothing after. Do I need a DSDT on the USB? I can run with no DSDT on 10.8.5. Please provide links to info if I've asked easy questions.

Full spec:
i7 860
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
3 x SATA HDD
MSI P55-GD65
NVIDIA GTX470

Issues:
I've heard the ALC889 doesn't work.

If you had a good DSDT.aml for your system you should be able top move to Mavericks and or Yosemite without too much problem.

If not you probably will encounter USB issues. I did find this on a Zotac P55 motherboard and found on pair of USB2.0 ports did work long enough that I was able to get both Mavericks and Yosemite installed and through the post configuration.

I also have a Gigabyte p55 and a h55 systems that I had noted the USB issue but by using a DSDT.aml in the UniBeast built USB installer (inserted a copy of the DSDT.aml into the /Extra folder on the USB installer) I am able to run the current releases using Chimera/UniBeast/MulitBeast.

Good modding,
neil

Great! No problem. Now I need to get a good one. The one on TonyMac is for an unknown BIOS. I will see if I have more success and report back. I've gotten as far as the install, complete it, then I can't boot into the HDD, even from the USB. Maybe I need -x -f. Will try some things including the DSDT on the installer.

Last edited:
I got in with PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Installed, and all I had to add at boot was this plus kext-dev-mode=1. Would any kind souls help me (I've seen the tuts and get overwhelmed) roll a DSDT so I can get my ALC889 working, and whatever else might improve?

Can I persuade any of you kind folks to help me roll my 889 working? I've read through the guide and tried a new Terminal based installer with no luck. Also trying to get AGPM running on the 470. Web drivers black out the screen.

i have the same system with you but i dont have the drivers for ethernet and audio and i cant find anywhere :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back