Contribute
Register

Installing Yosemite on a Brix Pro GB-BXi7-4770R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bios Seems right, based on what I read from the tonymacx86 instructions. Bios version is F4 though. Should it be upgraded to something more recent?

This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh, so please speak in small words. I'm a NOOB ;-)

Load optimized defaults on BIOS, then disable Vt-d.

Once it is done try to boot from USB.

Thanks Jithin, but no luck.

Any idea if the older BIOS is a problem?

Did you disable CFG Lock in the BIOS?

What you mean by same problem??

Post a clear photo of the kernel panic screen after booting with flag -v.

i had the same kernel panic problem as in the post n.3 ( i think is a unibeast problem)
fortunately i was able to install succesfully yosemite in my brix pro i7 with "clover" and multibeast
now everything works except the hdmi audio.

just so that we are all aware -

Brix Pro i7 4770r

bios F6 settings are VT-d + Virtualisation = set to disabled and config lock disabled along with secure boot.

thats 4 things to disabled AFTER Restore Defaults while on F6 Bios - however i have a :

boot mSata drive of 60GB ( Mac )
internal Sata SSD of 512 ( Windows ) - with the above settings i find that windows will not boot up .

I'm still testing this on my version -- wifi still out of the question as there all different due to local stores being different etc etc ...

checking and will post my screens of bios in a sec.

Same issue here. (also new to hackintosh but not Mac/Linux)

The Bios is right F3 then no VT-d. CFG Lock and Secure Boot were disabled by defaul.
I did not have a choice of "other" for the OS, just Win8/10 or Win7 .... just remembered that .. going to try Win8/10 now ...

I'm installing to a brand new system:
Gigabyte Ultra Compact Mini PC Barebones Components GB-BXi7-5775
Crucial 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR3L 1600 MT/s (PC3L-12800) SODIMM Memory CT2KIT204864BF160B
Crucial MX200 1TB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT1000MX200SSD1

My kernel panic is something with the ACPI driver ... The picture is hard to read but it says:
Unable to find driver for this platform:\"ACPI\". "@SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2782.40.9/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1590

I may be so far out in left field with this hardware that I will resort to a Linux install. :) But I hope to get this working.
I could use a little help.
====== EDIT =======
Now stuck in some kind of bios set up loop ... restarting does not seem to help ...

Attachments

• 2016-07-14 17.02.28.jpg
    2016-07-14 17.02.28.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back