Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 F5
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook
Hi everyone,

since you can not download Mavericks any more, I am trying to get my all new Brix Pro GB-BXi7-4770R set up by using Yosemite.

So fare I followed instructions in:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

and:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi...updates-msr-unlocked-boots-native-kernel.html

I also found this comment :
Ok, found the solution! We must create an Unibeast Laptop and Legacy USB compatible... Works like a charm!

...in: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...abyte-brix-mini-pc-kit-core-i3-mobile-11.html

After the BIOS-update it went one step forward.

I fixed the problem by updating the Bios from F3 to F5. For the update I used Windows 7 and the flashprogram that Gigabyte is offering to you if you ask for it. You also find the programm in the attachments. Have a look for "windowsflashutilityandSOPBrix.zip"

Now, the Brix keeps throwing a kernel panic:
.... see at the attached pictures.(Sorry, the last picture is the 1st one.)

By now, the SSD is not deleted. UniBeast does show me three things to choose at the bootscreen:
1. USB
2. System-reserved
3. Windows NTFS

With other words. Windows 7 is still installed on the SSD.
See the picture of the bootscreen below...

-The Brix itself is in original conditions,

-The RAM is not the propsed one:
Crucial 4GB Single DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL11 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Notebook Memory Module CT51264BF160B
link: http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-PC3-12800-204-Pin-Notebook-CT51264BF160B/dp/B005LDLV6S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415895911&sr=8-1&keywords=Crucial+SO-DIMM+4GB%2C+DDR3L-1600%2C+CL11+%28CT51264BF160B%29

-The SSD is a SanDisk X110 (64GB)

Could it be that it is the hardware, such as the RAM or the SSD?

If there is anybody out there who has a solution to this problem, I would be glad to hear from you. Thank you!

Regards
matzeslr

Attachments

• windowsflashutilityandSOPBrix.zip
    651.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 301
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 189
I'm working on it now. I have gotten it to boot with just UseKernelCache=No and cpus=1

I'm currently waiting on it to finishing installing.

I am using an i5 though.

Match the bios settings in Tony's Yosemite guide, too.

--------------UPDATE----------------------------------------
It has installed successfully and boots successfully with UseKernelCache=No and cpus=1

Though it is very slow with no audio. I have internet access through ethernet.

After using MultiBeast with the EasyBeast install, it is running faster but I have lost ethernet.

Regained Ethernet with MultiBeast Drivers>Network>Realtek>RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.2

I have gained audio by using the following link
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/131974-brix-brix-pro-audio-realtek-alc269.html

I only did Step 1 with KextBeast and Step 3 with the SSDT. After Running KextBeast it crashed but I restarted and I had audio with the Headphones and Digital Out. My current set up does not have HDMI audio so I cannot say if that is a valid option.

Hope This Helps,
Xxylid

I'm working on it now. I have gotten it to boot with just UseKernelCache=No and cpus=1

I'm currently waiting on it to finishing installing.

I am using an i5 though.

Match the bios settings in Tony's Yosemite guide, too.

It has installed successfully and boots successfully with UseKernelCache=No and cpus=1

Hey,

sorry, no, it is still the same bummer.

As far as I understand the panic right, it hast to do with the diver of (apple)USB(-Hub).

Do you have any suggestions to that?

I also tried to get rid of the panic by using this page an the linked Wikipedia-page:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104536-troubleshooting-issuing-boot-flags.html

I tried things like:
- cpus=1
- maxmem=8192 or 4096
- PCIRootUID=0
- USBLegacyOff=Yes
- "-x"

seperat, together
... but there was no solving response at all.

See the pictures below.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 213
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 166
Did you match the bios settings exactly as Tony's Yosemite guide says too?

took delivery on a gb-bxi7-4770r last week, it is an awesome win8.1 box, even plays wow ok too.have tried to install mount lion, mavericks, yosemite and even snow leopard to no avail...used iboot burned to cd: that loads ok but when i try to boot an os x dvd or usb drive all i get is a frozen apple logo or it flashes the apple logo once, then rebootsdid you ever have any success with it?
I have the 4570R, and just finished an install of Yosemite. You need to follow the steps mentioned in the guides (linked to at the top of the page).

For getting it to boot the second time (when booting to the Yosemite installation) i had to set a boot flag (cpus=4)...but that was it. It took a bit of tinkering, but after figuring that out, then running Multiboot with the previously mentioned fixes for Audio and Networking, it runs pretty zippy!

Hi Matzler!

I have almost the same system with almost the same panic problem. I've tried the advice listed here but to no avail.

Have you had any luck lately??

Thanks!

Hi Matzler!

I have almost the same system with almost the same panic problem. I've tried the advice listed here but to no avail.

Have you had any luck lately??

Thanks!

Post a photo of the panic screen.

I'm Panicking too...
Any Help would be SOOO appreciated!
mac panic.JPG

Bios Seems right, based on what I read from the tonymacx86 instructions. Bios version is F4 though. Should it be upgraded to something more recent?

This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh, so please speak in small words. I'm a NOOB ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back