1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
(Solved) Installing with Clover, got black screen

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Yosemite on my Gigabyte U2442F laptop, which have HD 4000 and GT 650M graphics with 1440x900 screen, using the guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html , also I added VoodooPS2Controller to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10. However when I boot to the installer, I got a black screen when it seemed to finish the boot process. If I connect an HDMI display the installer would show only on the external display. I have also already checked that the internal display connector is LVDS not eDP using "sudo intel_reg_dumper" under Ubuntu.

I think the problem comes from the 1440x900 resolution display. Are there any solution to my problem? config.plist is attached below.

EDIT: Problem solved. I changed ig-platform-id from 0x01660003 to 0x01660004.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3 KB · Views: 456
Hi I am installing Yosemite with Clover using the same guide and got the same problem. When I click install yosemite etc after booting from USB I get an Apple logo that starts loading, but when it's nearly finished I get a black screen, even if it's the same problem as you has I don't know where those ig-platform or whatever, is supposed to be etc so would be glad if you could help me out!

Hi I am installing Yosemite with Clover using the same guide and got the same problem. When I click install yosemite etc after booting from USB I get an Apple logo that starts loading, but when it's nearly finished I get a black screen, even if it's the same problem as you has I don't know where those ig-platform or whatever, is supposed to be etc so would be glad if you could help me out!

Desktop guides generally don't work for laptops.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back