Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock H61M-DGS R2.0
CPU
Intel Core i3-3240
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 660
On "amd/nvidia HDMI audio [easy guide]," it asks you to install "SSDT.aml" to enable the audio, but it doesn't say how. If I search for "how to install .aml files," all it gives me is how to install dsdt, but I don't even use that on my hackintosh. The reason I ask this on the forum is because I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem, I've been searching for an hour and a half and I haven't found how to do this yet.

When I look at the installation guide (following the directions for the chimera bootloader that comes with multibeast), it basically says to move the .aml file to a folder and "install" it, but it doesn't say how, or what installer to use, and whenever I search for how to install it, all I'm getting are the directions for what appears to be a completely different kind of file.

Quote from "[Guide]-OSX_ssdt-installation_v3":

Chimera/Chameleon (Extra/)
1. Open Extra
2. Copy Downloads/ssdt-. . ./SSDT- .aml to Extra
1. If Extra/SSDT.aml is present, install SSDT-1.aml as is: Extra/SSDT-1.aml
2. If no Extra/SSDT.aml, rename SSDT-1.aml to SSDT.aml and install as: Extra/SSDT.aml
3. The 1st SSDT is SSDT, 2nd is SSDT-1, 3rd is SSDT-2, etc.; no gaps
3. Restart
4. Verify

Following these directions, I have the "SSDT-1" file from the same folder as this guide in the system's "Extra" folder, renamed as "SSDT," as instructed if there was no existing file of the same name, but I'm getting stuck at the point where it says: "install _ as...," because there is no default command on the mac to install the file; all I have is that file, in that location, not doing anything.

Sorry, I was reading the "install" direction as separate from the "copy" direction. Thanks for the answers. (This audio solution is still not working for me, but I'll try looking through the rest of the forum first, it's probably something somebody else has encountered before, now that I know that I've done it correctly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back