Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
CPU
i5 750 2,66GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GF 8400GS 512MB
Hi,
this is my first post, so, first of all, i'd like to thank tonymacx86 and all the forum community for the plenty of precious informations in here.
Although i'm a quite experienced long time win user, i'm totally new to the hackintosh world.

Doing some research in the past days I selected a bunch of hardware that should be compatible with Snow Leopard. I just placed an order for it, should come in a few days. You can see it in my sig.

Reading some threads here in the forum I found that the Jmicron JMB363 SATA/ATA chip mounted on my mobo, is supported thanks to MacMan kexts:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=956&p=8612

But I cannot find an answer to this question:
could Snow Leopard be installed on a sata driver attached to a JMB363 SATA port?

What I'd like to do is to install Windows 7 on a RAID0 array on the intel controller, and Snow Leopard on a separate, single drive, on the Jmicron controller. Also, the dvd drive would be attached to the Jmicron sata port.
I understand that I will be unable to access the RAID0 partitions from within SL, but I don't mind.

Is this possible?

Hey there- and Welcome to the Forum! :mrgreen:

First of all your hardware looks good- it will all work. The 4670 may be a bit tricky to get going, but once you're on 10.6.2 you'll be ok with PC-EFI 10.6. Right now there are some workarounds for the UD2, if you're concerned, you might switch to the P55M-UD4, as the audio solution for onboard is more native (889a vs. 888b). But I'm not planning on trading my UD2 in or anything. You can pry it from my cold dead hands. :lol:

Regarding the JMicron36x and installation, I just checked with MacMan and you should be good to go with install on hard drive connected to GSATA. I've included JMicron36xATA and JMIcron36xeSATA inside, so it should work. Haven't tested it myself though.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

I succeded to install Snow Leopard on my hardware. :thumbup:
But... there's a but :think:
My ATI radeon 4670 has only vga output and not DVI output (which i'd prefer).

This is the steps I did to install everything and get to the point where I am:
booted with newest iBoot(ATI) cd, using -x option
installed os x 10.6 on dedicated SATA hd (on JMicron controller, yes it works flawlessly!)
upgraded with combo update 10.6.3
launched MultiBeast and installed Gigabeast + AppleHDA 10.6.2
deleted legacyHDA from extra/extensions (maybe this was not necessary)
rebuilt cache and permissions launching Kext Utility
restarted -->normal boot (without -x option) --> everything fine, I have QE/CI working, can change resolution to 1920x1200, but only VGA ouput.

This is what i tried to get DVI working (with little success):
1)launched multibeast and installed PC_EFI 10.6 (did not reabuilded cache/permission, should I?) ---> resulted in no video output after text booting
2)on a fresh install, substituted boot file with latest netkas PC_EFI 10.6, managed to get system boot in normal mode, and get DVI output, 1920x1200, BUT, monitor was flickering every time I moved the mouse or moved a window. Big flickers, like a very slow refresh rate, or like heavy tearing, unwatchable. :crazy: Any solution for this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back