Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok I have successfully installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on my Gateway NV79 laptop 3 times. The only problem though is that after the initial installation everything seems to be working fine, I get audio, mousepad, wifi connection, and video even seems to be ok. I can get on the Internet with safari and even download multibeast and the 10.6.8 update ok. I've installed the update then installed multibeast ok but on reboot it hangs at the greeted out apple and won't go any further. I am stumped on what to do to make it work.

As long as u don't restart the laptop everything is fine.
Laptop specs:
intel core i3 at 2.13 GHz
4Gb DDR3 ram
intel video
320Gb hard drive.

Any suggestions or hints/tips greatly appreciate.
Thank you in advance

mine is also a gateway ID... something

same thing.. I even also tried to install it 3 times. but my touchpad never worked nor my camera.. I had random periods (startups) in which my usb mouse would work otherwise I wouldn't been able to partion the hd as needed. didnt get up to installing multibeast but I did get to download the update but then after that it would not boot... stuck into that white screen with the grey apple.

I was so frustrated.. while I was able to try it out while the downloaded completed. it was working beautifully.. fast as hell, I tried ubuntu thinking that it would be fast but it was not even close...

oh well.. I'll have to try out another linux installation.

Well I still haven't had any luck yet with it working after re boot yet. I never was able to get the camera to work either, the mouse touchpad did work every time, but my USB mouse only worked occasionally also. If I come across anything I'll keep you updated.
I may look for an old hard drive for my desktop and try it on that.

Good luck with your Linux endervers.

Well I'm still trying to get Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to work on my laptop. If I don't upgrade to 10.6.8 and stick with 10.6.3 it works ok but I have to use the iboot disk when I reboot or it hangs at the grey apple screen.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do to make the upgrade work. I even tried running the Update Helper program since it is an core I3 CPU, but that didn't seem to make any difference.

I'm thinking about upgrading to Lion but if I read Lions requirements I need to be at 10.6.8.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Well I downloaded the 10.6.4 update for SL but the computer just hangs when booting. I didn't find out about verbose mode on boot until after I reinstalled 10.6.3.

Can anyone tell me what I should look for while it's booting in verbose mode that might be causing it to hang?

Also should I run Multibeast after I try the 10.6.4 update?
Or the Update Helper?

Thanks in advance

I'm trying to install OS X on my NV79 as well. However, I'm trying mavericks.

Could anyone give me some clues as to how to mitigate my boot problem? I get to the text install screen where I can type boot flags. I try to boot and it just flashes the gray apple logo screen and restarts immediately.

My specs are:

Arrandale Core i5 430M
Havendale / Clarkedale Host Bridge Chipset
HM55 Southbridge
Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics

I'm trying to install OS X on my NV79 as well. However, I'm trying mavericks.

Could anyone give me some clues as to how to mitigate my boot problem? I get to the text install screen where I can type boot flags. I try to boot and it just flashes the gray apple logo screen and restarts immediately.

My specs are:

Arrandale Core i5 430M
Havendale / Clarkedale Host Bridge Chipset
HM55 Southbridge
Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics

If you're installing Mavericks, you should post in the Mavericks forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back