Contribute
Register

Installing SL on my Win 7 machine (components ok?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am currently running a PC I built last year on Win 7 and want to install SL on it. From my reading around here it looks like I'll need to upgrade my graphics card (installed now is a ATI 4550). I was thinking about upgrading a few months ago when I got my 3D TV to one of the AMD 6xxx series cards but I don't see much on here for support for those. Maybe just a 5770 for now then.

My other components are
CPU - i7 920
Mobo - Asus Rampage II Gene
RAM - OCZ 6 GB
Optical - LG Blu Ray reader

I've seen some people who have the Rampage III Gene but not much turned up for my search on the Rampage II Gene. I'm assuming it will work but can anyone confirm? I'm planning on going with the iBoot + MultiBeast method. I also have 2 WD drives in right now, a 1 TB which I have Win 7 installed on and a 2 TB that I just have for data. I was planning on buying another 2 TB WD Green drive and installing SL on that. It sounds like that would be my best option.

I haven't gone through the actual install guides too closely yet, just skimmed them. But I'm hoping it shouldn't be too difficult to install SL on this. I'll just unplug my Win 7 drives and essentially be setting up a new system. Then is it complicated to plug them back in and have a dual boot machine once SL is installed and running?

Can I use the $29 Snow Leopard disc or do I have to get the full version in the box set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back