Contribute
Register

Installing Siera on Lenovo Y50-70?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just bought a used Lenovo Y50-70 on eBay and have a couple of questions I'm not sure of. It came installed with Yosemite but want to upgrade to Siera.

1. Would I need to make a fresh install or is it the case of downloading from a the App Store.

2. When the machine boots up, the screen starts to flickers temporarily. Is this normal?

3. Wifi using the edimax wifi adapter is very slow compared to my iPad and on my wife's computer. Is that normal?

4. If I were to upgrade to Siera would the machine be more stable?

just bought a used Lenovo Y50-70 on eBay and have a couple of questions I'm not sure of. It came installed with Yosemite but want to upgrade to Siera.

1. Would I need to make a fresh install or is it the case of downloading from a the App Store.

2. When the machine boots up, the screen starts to flickers temporarily. Is this normal?

3. Wifi using the edimax wifi adapter is very slow compared to my iPad and on my wife's computer. Is that normal?

4. If I were to upgrade to Siera would the machine be more stable?

Your laptop has a guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-y50-uhd-or-1080p-using-clover-uefi-10-11.168612/

Thanks for the reply. I saw that guide but wasn't sure if that was for Siera or an older version.
Do you have any experience with the Lenovo Y50-70 and know why the screen always flickers?

Thanks for the reply. I saw that guide but wasn't sure if that was for Siera or an older version.

It works for Sierra and El Capitan.

Do you have any experience with the Lenovo Y50-70 and know why the screen always flickers?

You probably made a mistake.
Follow the guide.
If you have an issue, you must attach "Problem Reporting" files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back