Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Was wondering will OSX read 2tb hdd ? I had trouble installing it while my 2tb hdd where still connected. Keep on giving ebios read error. While here i also would like some help. What i want to do is install OSX on a separate HDD to my windows 7 OS. My Windows OS is in a raid 0 set up, so will there be any conflict when i boot up OSX or do i have to always go in bios and set up ACHI ? Meaning my windows 7 get broken up. Bit confusing i know ok i make it simple

My system

2x ssd in raid 0 for windows 7 with 2 x 2tb hdd
Want to install OSX separate HDD and read both the 2tb hdd.
I know paragon NTSF make OSX read the file system but will OSX read 2tb HDD ?
Also if this was the case how will OSX see my windows 7 raid 0 ?

Possible to do ?

MACdaddyXXX said:
Was wondering will OSX read 2tb hdd ? I had trouble installing it while my 2tb hdd where still connected. Keep on giving ebios read error. While here i also would like some help. What i want to do is install OSX on a separate HDD to my windows 7 OS. My Windows OS is in a raid 0 set up, so will there be any conflict when i boot up OSX or do i have to always go in bios and set up ACHI ? Meaning my windows 7 get broken up. Bit confusing i know ok i make it simple

My system

2x ssd in raid 0 for windows 7 with 2 x 2tb hdd
Want to install OSX separate HDD and read both the 2tb hdd.
I know paragon NTSF make OSX read the file system but will OSX read 2tb HDD ?
Also if this was the case how will OSX see my windows 7 raid 0 ?

Possible to do ?
You can enable AHCI in your Win7 install with a registry change - google is your friend and there is a link in a stickie in the insataaltion support forum.

Chameleon will not see your Win7 Raid0 and OSX does not support motherboard hardware raid. Not sure if OS X can read your 2 Tb drives or not, but since you can get large drives in new Mac Pros I would assume it will as long as they are not in a raid array.

In your case, once you enable AHCI in Win7 you would probably have to use F12 or whatever your BIOS uses at the post to allow you to select a drive to boot from manually to boot whichever OS is not your default.

Alternate method is to install something like EasyBCD booter in Win7 and add your OS X drive to it.

so what you saying is the enabling achi mode for window 7 will not break my raid 0 ? If this was the case then be good as i will use Chameleon to dual boot providing that it read both of my OS

MACdaddyXXX said:
so what you saying is the enabling achi mode for window 7 will not break my raid 0 ? If this was the case then be good as i will use Chameleon to dual boot providing that it read both of my OS
Don't know if it will break your Win7 or not. I never use raid arrays for the OS HD - bad experiences over the years. I will only use raid for storage drives or in a NAS or server setting. That said, there is no reason it should break the install - just make sure you back up all important files before you make the change - CYA/JIC.
Not sure if chameleon will "see" your Win7 raid as a single drive you can boot from. Another poster reported problems with this and each disk showed up with an error message. So, it might work - no telling until you try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back