Contribute
Register

Installing OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 on HP Probook 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @RehabMan,
thanks for your answer. I attached all files as you asked on the post reply. Waiting for your answer.

Thank you again.
@FelipeBHZ

I don't see anything wrong as far as power management.

But here's some ideas:
- the backlight on your panel is set to maximum brightness. lower brightness levels will result in better battery life
- battery life will depend on what you're doing with the computer/CPU. check in Activity Monitor.

I don't see anything wrong as far as power management.

But here's some ideas:
- the backlight on your panel is set to maximum brightness. lower brightness levels will result in better battery life
- battery life will depend on what you're doing with the computer/CPU. check in Activity Monitor.

Well, that's good. At least all my configurations are ok.

Seems like my Google Chrome is the bad guy here on the energy impact. I will try Opera, FF and Safari to check which can reduce amount of energy needed.

About system temperature and fan speed, do you think it's ok? I attached an image of HW Monitor.

My goal is to keep my laptop as cool as possible. I don't mind about noise and other stuff people cares. :D

Thanks!

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2015-07-06 às 15.45.58.png
    Captura de Tela 2015-07-06 às 15.45.58.png
    96 KB · Views: 202
Well, that's good. At least all my configurations are ok.

Seems like my Google Chrome is the bad guy here on the energy impact. I will try Opera, FF and Safari to check which can reduce amount of energy needed.

About system temperature and fan speed, do you think it's ok? I attached an image of HW Monitor.

My goal is to keep my laptop as cool as possible. I don't mind about noise and other stuff people cares. :D

Thanks!

You can see that something has your CPU pegged at max x21 multiplier.

Perhaps you have some runaway background tasks, or runaway Chrome extensions.

Check Activity Monitor.

Not much expectation for long battery life if the CPU can't idle.

You can see that something has your CPU pegged at max x21 multiplier.

Perhaps you have some runaway background tasks, or runaway Chrome extensions.

Check Activity Monitor.

Not much expectation for long battery life if the CPU can't idle.

Yeah, definitely there's something wrong with this. I will investigate to discover.

What about my system fan speed and temperature? Is it alright? Is it as expected?

Thank you!

Yeah, definitely there's something wrong with this. I will investigate to discover.

What about my system fan speed and temperature? Is it alright? Is it as expected?

Thank you!

Temperatures are up because of busy CPU. Fans are controlled by BIOS/fan patch you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back