Contribute
Register

Installing onto m.2 Sata drive (Skylake NUC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
nuc-kit-nuc6i3syh
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
integrated
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hiya guys,

first off, thanks for your help, this is my first dip into Hackintosh-ing, hopefully not the last.

I'm trying to install onto my Samsung 128gb Sata m.2 drive using the standard El Capitan NUC install guide (NUC6iSYH). When i get to the 'which drive to install to' page only my 'installer' USB appears, no sign of the m.2 drive. I gather I need to insert a .kext to allow it to see the m.2 drive, so I added one into edi as per @RehabMan 's guide, but that didn't help.

EDIT - I messed up, and while reviewing another guide I had forgotten to go into disk utility and format my SSD. Will proceed now

Have I missed something obvious?

Thank you for your time supporting newbies :thumbup:

Callum

Last edited:
Hiya guys,

first off, thanks for your help, this is my first dip into Hackintosh-ing, hopefully not the last.

I'm trying to install onto my Samsung 128gb Sata m.2 drive using the standard El Capitan NUC install guide (NUC6iSYH). When i get to the 'which drive to install to' page only my 'installer' USB appears, no sign of the m.2 drive. I gather I need to insert a .kext to allow it to see the m.2 drive, so I added one into edi as per @RehabMan 's guide, but that didn't help.

EDIT - I messed up, and while reviewing another guide I had forgotten to go into disk utility and format my SSD. Will proceed now

Have I missed something obvious?

Thank you for your time supporting newbies :thumbup:

Callum

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...g-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-nuc6i7kyk-etc.194177/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back