CPU
i3-3225
Graphics
GTX 760
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Does anyone have experience installing on a Sandy Bridge HD 2000 solution? I have a Celeron G550 in a home server, so I don't need the screen. Is it possible to boot OS X without a GPU? I have a working hackintosh which I can use to install onto a disk (I tried on the comp in question and got a KP).

Does anyone have experience installing on a Sandy Bridge HD 2000 solution? I have a Celeron G550 in a home server, so I don't need the screen. Is it possible to boot OS X without a GPU? I have a working hackintosh which I can use to install onto a disk (I tried on the comp in question and got a KP).

There is no way to attach a display to HD2000 port and boot OS X and get the display to work. You say this is a home server, so you have other Macs/Hacks, yes?
Is the server running OS X? Did you use VNC to set up the server? Did you enable screen sharing on the server?
Have you tried ssh into the server from one of your other machines? http://www.mactricksandtips.com/2009/06/ssh-into-your-mac.html

There is no way to attach a display to HD2000 port and boot OS X and get the display to work. You say this is a home server, so you have other Macs/Hacks, yes?
Is the server running OS X? Did you use VNC to set up the server? Did you enable screen sharing on the server?
Have you tried ssh into the server from one of your other machines? http://www.mactricksandtips.com/2009/06/ssh-into-your-mac.html

I don't need a display, yes I have other macs/hacks, right now it's running ubuntu + some extras. My idea would be to set it up on a mac/hack and then just ssh into it if I need access. Can I also screen share (isn't that GPU powered)?

Thanks

I can't get it to boot, I don't even get a KP, just a straight reboot were it would normally jump into "Darwin version ...". nothing to go on.. only strange thing I saw was "unusable flex info msr" or something like that.

BTW, the hardware is G530 + GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0 (NON UEFI BIOS). I have my 9800GT in there ATM until I can set it up.

I don't need a display, yes I have other macs/hacks, right now it's running ubuntu + some extras. My idea would be to set it up on a mac/hack and then just ssh into it if I need access. Can I also screen share (isn't that GPU powered)?

This may be pertinent. It's for ivy bridge with UEFI -

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ss-mostly-ga-z77-ds3h-i5-2400-ssd-hd2000.html

I can attest to having a i3 2100 with the HD2000 "working" - OS boots and I can operate the system but without graphics acceleration - so intensive stuff doesn't look so pleasant. If you set the desktop to change every 5 seconds you can see the tiling/shearing quite clearly. I haven't tried the steps outlined in the thread above yet, but I'll report back if it helps me get smoother video. However, I likewise am probably going to mostly use this box headless in which case graphics acceleration are fairly unnecessary.
<t>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back