Z390-E Gaming ASUS
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700k
Graphics
ASUS Geforce RTX 2070 Strix OC 8G
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Guys,

I gave 2 Questions and maybe you can help me with this.

I have ordered a GT710 today and I want to place it in my Mac. The Mac is a HP Z240 Workstation with i7 6700, 8G RAM and 120GB SSD...

Is there anything I have to take care of, when plugging a GT710? Does it need any optimisation In opencore config.plist or will it work plug and play?

The 2nd thing is my SSD. I installed a 120GB SSD and now I think I need more space. What is the best practice to upgrade ssd? Clone it via clonezilla or reinstall MacOS?

When you add a Discrete GPU to your system, no matter which Bootloader you are using, you need to change the DeviceProperties for the IGPU to a Headless (Empty) framebuffer. In place of the framebuffer you are currently using, which is set to drive a display.

With your Coffee Lake UHD 630 IGPU that means that the AAPL,ig-platform-id entry needs to be changed from <07009B3E> to <0300923E>.

AS the GT 710 is natively supported that is all you need to do.

I would recommend you use Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) to Clone your current macOS drive to a new larger SSD. This can be undertaken in macOS. CCC offers a 30-day trial.

You will need to copy your working OpenCore EFI Folder to the EFI Partition on the new SSD, once the Clone has completed.

Thank you very much. This is all I need to know :)

I will try it tomorrow and hopefully it will work

Thank you very much. This is all I need to know :)

I will try it tomorrow and hopefully it will work
Did you face any issue post installing GT710, If yes then was above solution worked for you

I have a Nvidia GT710 with me but post installtion GT710 and selecting the relevant HDD to boot screen goes in Infinite loops and macOS Catalina doesn't boot up.

@kanu86 Which version of the GT 710 are you using, Asus, Gigabyte, MSI or Zotec etc? Some makes work better than others in Catalina and Big Sur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back