Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UH5D
CPU
i7
Graphics
Geforce 1050ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying to follow this guide here: https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC in order to patch my audio. I apparently do not have the native kext installed. In the doc it states to run the OSX installer to repair this. Do I have to go through a full blown reinstall for the .kext file? Am I missing something?

I also need an answer to this. The instructions say "apply combo update". Can someone explain how I do this? I also think I'm missing something.

I have a recovery partition as I installed using clover method detailed on this site. I can boot to recovery HD but then I'm asked to connect to internet. When I do this, the system checks and says I am ineligible for download, refer to Apple Care.

Please could someone explain in detail how to restore Native AppleHDA Kext assuming that mine is deleted? Is full reinstall the only option? Can I do a "combo update" with Yosemite? Where/How do I do that?

Apologies for lots questions but Clover learning curve is steep for me!

I still don't have audio.
For some reason the binary inside the kext file was getting removed when I was patching.
It might have been my source AppleHDA.kext (from Yosemite installer.app) didn't contain one to begin with.
I'll have to check that later, audio wasn't a priority at the time.

Also, I did try the multibeast(7.1) method with "Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support" selected with no luck.

It might have been my source AppleHDA.kext (from Yosemite installer.app) didn't contain one to begin with.

Also, I did try the multibeast(7.1) method with "Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support" selected with no luck.
For cloverALC, native AppleHDA.kext is required. Pacifist does not extract a complete kext; details, No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide] - Page 15
For MultiBeast audio, set config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1.

If it helps, I extracted the AppleHDA.kext file from the USB installer and used latest version of iKext to install the kext. It worked without a hitch.

I recently did a 10.10.5 update and when it was done and restarted, no sound... I remember doing this a long time ago when i first built this machine(had no sound when first installed) but had forgotten exactly what i had used to set the audio. this worked like a charm. Copied the applehda.kext from my installer usb to my desktop and used kext wizard to load it up. thanks a lot for sharing, this helped me out and saved me some time :headbang:

Yes. Run the installer, UniBeast, on the existing installation. Suggestion: after install, backup AppleHDA.kext.

can this damage my current install in any way because I had a really hard time getting my system working in OS X 10.11 using the clover bootloader and I'm afraid that I could break something if I change something while re-installing the OS with UniBeast. Also I didn't use the UniBeast method to upgrade from Yosemite (and Chameleon) to El Capitan (and Clover) but this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back