HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone im experiencing a problem when installing ML 10.8.
I receive the following Kernel Panic.

CAM00037.jpg
Can someone help me please?

Me too, looks almost exactly the same as what I get. I say 'almost' because I did not check all the numbers.

The reason I am trying to reinstall osx 10.8.2 is because of a hard-drive failure. I am booting from the dead drive which for some reason still has a functioning boot loader and then jumping to another drive that has a carbon-copy-clone of my now dead system. Not the best situation so I sat down to do a reinstall.

Using Unibeast 1.7.0 + purchased 'install osx mountain lion' (reports version as 1.3.19)

This has been really flaky to just get the usb stick to boot without a kernel panic. Now I have the USB install stick booting (using -x) and my osx install now kernel panics right at the start (5-10 seconds in) and the screen is what you have posted.

I thought this would be an easy reinstall but it is not. Went back to the previous Unibeast 1.5.x and previously downloaded mountain lion (reports version as 1.3.18) and same problems:

-Kernel panic on booting USB stick, need -x to get in.
-Once in the installer, kernel panic right at the start of the install.

Found this thread which seemed like a good strategy, involves installing with -x (from usb) and booting the system with -x until you can rollback ACPIPlatform.kext:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/72956-10-8-2-problem-13.html

Can't implement this strategy because now I am stuck right at the start of the install???

Help, I am not tinkering here, just want a stable system again...

Same thing here... I keep getting this error but I didnt not need to do -x ... I dont know much about kexts because I am not a pro in this. But all i know is that i had a working system before, and now i wanted to reinstall OSX and im stuck...

I am making the usb stick using unibeast on a 10.6.8 machine. Here is the log file of the last usb making success. Hey Macman, is there anything you see here that has gone wrong?

I've tried 2 different usb sticks multiple times.
I've tried installing to fresh drives (both WD mechanical and Samsung SSD).

Right now I always get kernel panic at start of actual osx install.

My sig has the system I am using.

Attachments

• install.log
    131.5 KB · Views: 113
Me to, this is new and maybe progress? The last time I did this process (build usb with Unitbeast, Install from usb) it failed in the actual installer saying it has failed, rather than a kernel panic. Here is the log file from the non-installed drive.

Attachments

• install.log
    31.3 KB · Views: 119
I had install failures around that same point. Deleted and redownloaded the ML install file, made a new UniBeast drive, and it worked. I'd give that a try.

Hi everyone im experiencing a problem when installing ML 10.8.
I receive the following Kernel Panic.

View attachment 49382
Can someone help me please?

I had install failures around that same point. Deleted and redownloaded the ML install file, made a new UniBeast drive, and it worked. I'd give that a try.
I think i did this procedure about 5 times already! Lol ! i really hope i can fix this asap.

EDIT:
OK guys i need faster answers PLEASE! I see hundreds of posts with many many answers. Just tell me what information to provide to help you guys help ME! I have a motherboard: z77x-UD5H i dont have a video card, i use DVI for my screen with intel 4000 integrated graphics. I have 8gb memory, with a 128gb solid state drive... I change PCI rom priority to EFI .. xHCI mode to Auto... Sata mode selection to AHCI... etc...

ive recreated a unibeast drive at least 5 times with 3 different usbs.2.0 3.0 sd card with sd card reader, 16gb, 32gb etc... nothing works...

PLEASE HELP ME in this post ive posted the logs already!

Ill create AGAIN a new unibeast drive and ill post this installation log.

I guess I have a corrupt 10.8.2 installer from Apple.

Would like a definitive way of checking this like using a checksum but for now the fact that unibeast 1.7 fails at all different points each time I do the process (make usb, boot form it, install os x) and quickly looking at install.log and or the log off a 0.1% done install on a hdd.

Catch is, now I cannot download 10.8.2 as 10.8.3 is out. I did download 10.8.3 and did a fresh install on a macbook pro 13" (2009) and it went off without a hitch.

Question: Is there any official apple channel where I can download 10.8.2 to get a working copy now that 10.8.3 is out? Should be simple but my initial answer is no.

Question: I know unibeast just came out ... but... what is the chance of getting a unibeast that will work with the new 10.8.3? Timeframe?

In the end I really just want to be able to download 10.8.2 again but do not know how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back