Intel® Sandybridge Mobile x86/MMX/SSE2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I have a HP 4340s i5 with sandy bridge processor and solid state drive. I am trying to install mavericks, but unfortunately I cannot get it to boot after installation of Mavericks is complete. It hangs on spinning wheel. On verbose install, it hangs partway through.

It is also unreliable when booting off the installer. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. In any case it takes an inordinate amount of time to get going compared to my 4340S

Any ideas as to how I can get beyond this stage?

Hi,
I have a HP 4340s i5 with sandy bridge processor and solid state drive. I am trying to install mavericks, but unfortunately I cannot get it to boot after installation of Mavericks is complete. It hangs on spinning wheel. On verbose install, it hangs partway through.

It is also unreliable when booting off the installer. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. In any case it takes an inordinate amount of time to get going compared to my 4340S

Any ideas as to how I can get beyond this stage?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

Thanks.

I'll get a bigger solid state drive first. I am surprised to see that you can't fit a normal drive to this computer. Just a quibble. How do I tell if mine is a series 6 or series 7?

Sorry. Please ignore that last question

Thanks.

I'll get a bigger solid state drive first. I am surprised to see that you can't fit a normal drive to this computer. Just a quibble. How do I tell if mine is a series 6 or series 7?

All HP ProBook 4x30s are 6-series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back