Contribute
Register

Installing Mavericks on ASUS P8Z77-V LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help please..
Im trying to install 10.9.2 and have boot problems... Panic screen after reboot with Multi Beast.. Can you help me to choose configuration for:

ASUS P8Z77V-LX
i7 3550
GTX 680

Try with Multibeast 6.1.0:
EasyBeast
Realtek ALCxxx/Without DSDT/ALC887/888b Current v100302
I think i have ElliotForceLegacyRTC, EvOreboot, USB 3.0 - Universal, NullCPUPowerManegement, FakeSMC v5.3.820
Realtek - Lnx2Mac'2 RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
AppleACPIPlatform Rollback - 10.8.1 Rollback
Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement - OS X 10.9.0
AppleRTC Patch for CMS Reset
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

My computer works with this settings after upgrading from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 (I was only able to enter safe mode after upgrade).

ASUS P8Z77V-LX
i7 3770k
GTX 560

EasyBeast
I think i have ElliotForceLegacyRTC, EvOreboot, USB 3.0 - Universal, NullCPUPowerManegement, FakeSMC v5.3.820
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

My computer works with this settings after upgrading from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 (I was only able to enter safe mode after upgrade).

ASUS P8Z77V-LX
i7 3770k
GTX 560

Thank you, trying... but i havn't "AppleRTC Patch for CMS Reset"
its AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset for me....

EasyBeast
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

ASUS P8Z77V-LX
i7 3770k
GTX 560

Its work for me!! Thank you, but use modifier - GraphicsEnabler=No

Running:
Asus P8Z77-V LX (As out of box, will need to check re patching bios)
Asus GeForce GT 630 PCIe
Intel Core i5 4440
4 GB Ram
1TB HDD
Mavericks 9.1 (Need to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes to run installer/installed version)

I have followed the above instructions using:
MultiBeast-Mavericks-Edition-6.1.0

After ensuring all settings are as close as I can get (with the 6.1.0) edition, Mavericks no longer boots properly. Gets to Grey screen, apple logo, spinning wheel... and then the monitor looses the signal from the graphics card. If I remove the GT 630 and boot of the internal video card in the Core i5, the O/S hangs indefinitely. Having difficulty getting into verbose mode (through the keyboard cmd-v approach).

Does anybody else have a similar problem with Multibeast 6.1.0 and this motherboard??

UPDATE: I seemed to have stuffed up my Mavericks installation. I formatted the drive to get a clean start, reinstalled using the same software/patches/tools and applied the steps described in a more recent posting above.

Just wanted to know how you put a 4th gen socket 1150 processor in a 2/3 gen socket 1155 MB? or did no one else catch that one? the core i5-4440 in a p8z77-v lx MB?

I there,

Thanks for the tutorial, it's a real pleasure to be back on mac OS X with a cheaper yet powerful machine !

The installation works and seems to be really stable and fully functionnal. The only issue being I need to boot from the USB stick every time, because regular boot just doesn't work (see the picture I get)

I've checked the multibeast settings over and over again, doing as in the pictures of the op, checking the graphic enabler=yes box, but still no standard boot.

hardware list is :
Asus P8z77v-lx (firmware upgraded with asus utility software a while back when I was on windows)
GPU Sapphire Radeon HD 7750
CPU core i5 3750k
RAM Corsair VENGEANCE 2 x 4 Go DDR3 PC12800 CAS 9 LP
OS installed on a Intel 330 "Maple Crest" - 180 Go SSD

It's working for now, but I'm praying the usb stick won't let me down as I can't boot without it..

Any help is much appreciated.

One more thing : is it safe to update the OS to newer version or is it better to keep a version that runs smoothly ? In other words : do I risk to kill my system if I say yes when the app store keeps bugging me for updating maverick ?

photo.jpg

I there,

Thanks for the tutorial, it's a real pleasure to be back on mac OS X with a cheaper yet powerful machine !

The installation works and seems to be really stable and fully functionnal. The only issue being I need to boot from the USB stick every time, because regular boot just doesn't work (see the picture I get)

I've checked the multibeast settings over and over again, doing as in the pictures of the op, checking the graphic enabler=yes box, but still no standard boot.

hardware list is :
Asus P8z77v-lx (firmware upgraded with asus utility software a while back when I was on windows)
GPU Sapphire Radeon HD 7750
CPU core i5 3750k
RAM Corsair VENGEANCE 2 x 4 Go DDR3 PC12800 CAS 9 LP
OS installed on a Intel 330 "Maple Crest" - 180 Go SSD

It's working for now, but I'm praying the usb stick won't let me down as I can't boot without it..

Any help is much appreciated.

One more thing : is it safe to update the OS to newer version or is it better to keep a version that runs smoothly ? In other words : do I risk to kill my system if I say yes when the app store keeps bugging me for updating maverick ?

View attachment 88908

Hi!
1) Boot Mavericks with USB
2) Download and run '' Chameleon Wizard ''
3) Do like in the picture
Снимок.jpg
If you dont have internet connection, click '' Built-in'' and do the same.

Good luck

Hi, I am currently running 10.9.2 on my Asus P8Z77-V LX with a patched bios, but I want to update to the latest bios, but my current bios is locked so can only update to a non patched one. So was wondering about running with a non patched bios, as I have never done this before could someone fill me in please, how would I go about changing my current installation to one which runs on a standard bios, do I need to install NullCPUPowerManegement, if so how, and what does this mean to how the cpu runs. I currently overclock a little so how does using a standard bios react to this in OSX?

Kind regards.

Hello everyone, I decided to make this guide for everyone who has an Asus P8Z77-V LX motherboard. This guide will teach you how to install Mavericks. My Hackintosh specs are as follow:

ASUS P8Z77-V LX
Intel core i5 2500K
GeForce GTX 660Ti
8 GB Ram
1TB HDD

First you need to have a unibeast USB (You can find this in the guides section) http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html. In the Bios settings set optimazed defaults. You don't need to set HDD to AHCI because defaults will do it.

Install Mavericks like it shows you on the guide made by tonymac.

If you have trouble reaching the installer like I did, type PCIRootUID=0.

Once you have OSX intalled reboot with the usb and then we proceed with multibeast.

Multibeast congifuration: (See attachments)

These pictures are not in order but you can follow them each by each. If you have any question don't hestitate to ask.

I posted this threat in the wrong forum XD any moderator please delete this.[/Hello,
I am writing to you because I have read that you managed to install maverics on Asus p8 z77 v lx. I have got the same motherboard and a core i7 3770k and also an NVidia gtx650 graphics card. I have been trying very hard for two or more years to install Mac os X lion, mountain lion and now the maverics. Unfortunatelly, I didn't ever managed to make my pc boot the installed mac os x. I would appreciate it if you could please help me and also it will be very helpful for me if you explain to me how did you manage to patch your bios (if you have patched it).Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Manolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back