EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi tonymacx86,

I recently bought a computer, and I wanted to install Lion on it. I installed it using the Chameleon guide at insanelymac found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729. The installation looked fine, but when I tried to boot up from the newly-installed Lion HD, Chameleon would go through the verbose messages, then when it tried to boot the partition, the PC would reset itself. So then I tried installing Snow Leopard through the iBoot+MultiBeast guide and the same thing happened: the PC reset itself when it came time to boot up. Can you please help?

Thanks,

Gyroknight

PS: My system specs are:

Intel Core i5 2500K
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable VGA Series GV-R685OC-1GD Radeon HD 6850
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 Memory CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA 6Gb/s Internal Hard Drive
OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W Modular High Performance Power Supply

Awesome! I have a VERY similar system coming, so we can work through this together, and double-nag the fellow hackintoshers to help us with our problems!

I just pulled the trigger last night. Have to give a shout-out to newegg: looking for their combo deals and rebates really saves some scratch. Also props to Free Geek here in PDX, where for $10 I found a sweet brushed aluminum case.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core
RAM: 2x CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600
PSU: PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 500W
HDD: 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 750 GB SATA III
VGA: GIGABYTE Ultra Durable VGA Series GV-R685OC-1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5

After various rebates and stuff, I'm out $712 total for hardware. Not bad IMO. Will probably have to get another $10 worth of cables... meh.

You'll note that I'm not getting a DVD drive, because I have a USB burner already, and figure I'll be installing Lion from a USB stick, once our wonderful host does a SCIENCE! on it. Also, I'm NOT planning on overclocking, and, yes, Caviar Black drives are the shiznit.

I am very excited about the motherboard. Newegg gave me a deal on it, and it has ONBOARD FIREWIRE 400, automatic RAID 0, and Gigabyte's "OMG SO MUCH COPPER!" feature, which I assume must be worth something.

But I REALLY REALLY want to put my computer to sleep--this is a lot of energy to use all the time, and I hate to reboot...

Let's make some MAGIC!

Cool! I got a SATA Lite-on DVD burner and the Thermaltake Armor A60 Gaming case. But does anyone have a solution to my problem mentioned above?

And all for under $700!

Yes, I did, but it still doesn't boot the installer. Would having Windows 7 on the HD affect it?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, the disk has to be formatted as a GUID partition and bootable. IF you have Windows 7 on already on the drive on a different partition, that means the drive partitions are formatted as a MBR type partition, which won't allow OSX installation. I'm not absolutely sure, but I don't think the two can coexist on one drive. At least I've never tried it.

You need to put OSX on it's own drive. When you install it, use the disk utility and format or reformat the drive and under the advanced options, select GUID partition type. Then it will probably work. That's one of the inviolable ground rules for installing OSX.

The problem is I can't even boot into the Lion Installer, so formatting the disk is out of the question.

Sorry to say, I have no idea why that won't work. It should. You might want to recheck your BIOS settings one more time. Other than that, I am out of ideas.

Thanks! The GraphicsEnabler=No worked!

EDIT: Which options did you use in MultiBeast, because TofuConfetti's options cause kernel panic.

any new updates on this? like if u got usb 3 working, or any other helpful tips for other users? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back