Graphics
X3100
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone, im really all new to this stuff but I've done my research. I have a acer extensa 5220 laptop that I use for work and I want to install Mac OS on it. I currently have windows 8.1 and would like to keep it with dual boot, I also do not have any apple products. I heard it's possible to install with with vmware. I would like to get some professional advice. Thank you.

Hey everyone, im really all new to this stuff but I've done my research. I have a acer extensa 5220 laptop that I use for work and I want to install Mac OS on it. I currently have windows 8.1 and would like to keep it with dual boot, I also do not have any apple products. I heard it's possible to install with with vmware. I would like to get some professional advice. Thank you.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

CPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0GHz
Graphics: X3100 (Intel GMA 965 Express) @ 1280x800
Motherboard chipset: GL960
RAM: 2GB DDR2

CPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0GHz
Graphics: X3100 (Intel GMA 965 Express) @ 1280x800
Motherboard chipset: GL960
RAM: 2GB DDR2

Old hardware. You might have better luck with SL. I believe your graphics are supported only in 32-bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back