Contribute
Register

Installing Lion on RAID 0 (striped) is it possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD7-F8m
CPU
i7-930
Graphics
8600 GT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys I am trying to install fresh or restore my current Lion single HDD installation on a RAID 0 Striped, is it possible?? :?: :?:
I try experimenting a bit but no luck so far.... :cry:
What I had in mind (and tried it) to do is to use the Intel ICH10R on board SATA utility (in BIOS) to configure the RAID and then boot to the 8 GB installer (left from xMove Lion installation) and restore the OS X to my RAID Partition. But the problem is that my RAID is not shown in the Disk Utility.. anyway I also tried creating a RAID 0 striped from within Disk Utility and restore the OS X to it but then on the boot in Chimera I couldn't boot into the RAID which was shown as two separate "green" drives. :sick:
Please help/guide me :D

Soko251 said:
Hey guys I am trying to install fresh or restore my current Lion single HDD installation on a RAID 0 Striped, is it possible?? :?: :?:
I try experimenting a bit but no luck so far.... :cry:
What I had in mind (and tried it) to do is to use the Intel ICH10R on board SATA utility (in BIOS) to configure the RAID and then boot to the 8 GB installer (left from xMove Lion installation) and restore the OS X to my RAID Partition. But the problem is that my RAID is not shown in the Disk Utility.. anyway I also tried creating a RAID 0 striped from within Disk Utility and restore the OS X to it but then on the boot in Chimera I couldn't boot into the RAID which was shown as two separate "green" drives. :sick:
Please help/guide me :D
OS X doesn't support BIOS RAID arrays - either a PCIe RAID card or do software RAID via disk utility.
For soft raid see http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... 613&page=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back