Contribute
Register

installing Lion on a Core 2 Duo GA-965P-S3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
G620
Graphics
GTS 250
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I used to run Snow Leopard on this system but wanted to ask if it's possible to run Lion on it?
here are the specs

ga-965p-s3 Motherboard with a Overclocked Core 2 Duo E6400 (oc to 3.2 GHZ rock solid stable)
2 GB DDR2 ram
512 meg ASUS 8800 GT video card
SATA Sony DVD Burner
SATA Seagate 500GB HD

Re: installing Lion on a Core 2 Duo GA-965P-SL3?

Your hardware should be capable to run Lion. As for your graphic card, you might want to read this thread.
viewtopic.php?t=34535&p=217076

You should clone your current Snow Leopard to a backup drive using Carbon Copy cloner or SuperDuper.

Re: installing Lion on a Core 2 Duo GA-965P-SL3?

ijhu said:
Your hardware should be capable to run Lion. As for your graphic card, you might want to read this thread.
viewtopic.php?t=34535&p=217076

You should clone your current Snow Leopard to a backup drive using Carbon Copy cloner or SuperDuper.

I was able to get Lion up and running on this system, I had to use the Yukon88E8056.Fix.kext file that someone else had uploaded to another topic in this forum to get my ethernet working. http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=188669#p188669

My only remaining issue is getting the sound working. I need to look up the specs for the motherboard so I can install the correct non-dsdt enabler for the sound chip on the motherboard and I should be good to go.

OK I'm running into an issue with cmos resets on the GA-965P-S3 system.

I did the easybeast install

is there anything else that I should do to fix this? I've seen posts about having to edit the appleRTC.kext file or something similarly named.

other than this remaining issue the system runs great. I just have to go into the bios everytime it is either powered on or rebooted and turn on ahci, turn off serial ports, printer ports, floppy controller,etc. and it's getting kinda old.

I want to get this running smoothly so I can give this system to a friend of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back