Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z170
CPU
i6700k
Graphics
GTX1080
Hi. I have installed Hackintosh in a separate ssd after installing win10 a month ago. I managed to boot OS X Sierra with clover and boot win10 by exiting clover from the booting screen. I am new to clover and not sure how to change that, so I avoided to mess with it further. And now I would like to install linux on top of my setup, and I am trying to find a safe way to do so.
My hard drive setup is:
Primary SSD: OS X Sierra
Secondary SSD: Win 10
and 1TB Hard drive.
Which hard drive should I install my linux on and how should I update my clover in order to be able to choose operating system at startup. Thx in advance guys.

Edit: upload a pic of my clover booting screen with option says"Boot win from Legacy HD1/HD2"(does not boot up win 10), but by exiting clover, i was able to boot into win10

Attachments

• IMG_0639.jpg
    IMG_0639.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
boot Win10, click start->run, type msinfo32.exe and hit enter. Look at the BIOS mode - does it say Legacy or UEFI?
If Legacy, simplest fix is to remove Clover from the Mac OS drive and re-install it Legacy Mode.
For installing Linux, if Win10 is installed Legacy mode, select "Install alongside Win10 at the install screen if that is an option (ubuntu has this option).

boot Win10, click start->run, type msinfo32.exe and hit enter. Look at the BIOS mode - does it say Legacy or UEFI?
If Legacy, simplest fix is to remove Clover from the Mac OS drive and re-install it Legacy Mode.
For installing Linux, if Win10 is installed Legacy mode, select "Install alongside Win10 at the install screen if that is an option (ubuntu has this option).
Thanks Going Bald, you've been a hero to the "multi booting" section. I will try that after my trip and I thank you for your time and effort that you put in for this community.

Han

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back