Contribute
Register

Installing High Sierra on external drive with no impact on internal drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to give this the old shot of whiskey but before I do I just want to make sure that I can install onto an external SSD using the guides without messing with my internal windows 10 drives.

I have 2 internal NVMEs and one sata SSD with win 10 stuff and I want all those drives left alone in the hackintosh process. No changing of any partitions or installing something on anything other than the external SSD.

Will this be the case?

Moved to Multi Booting.

I'm going to give this the old shot of whiskey but before I do I just want to make sure that I can install onto an external SSD using the guides without messing with my internal windows 10 drives.

I have 2 internal NVMEs and one sata SSD with win 10 stuff and I want all those drives left alone in the hackintosh process. No changing of any partitions or installing something on anything other than the external SSD.

Will this be the case?

Please update your motherboard, CPU and graphics card information in your Personal Details as stipulated by the rules of this forum.

Is it possible to disable the SSDs in your system temporarily in the BIOS? I know some motherboards like those of Gigabyte has an option of disabling selected SATA ports in the BIOS, meaning that the drives attached to them will be temporarily invisible to the system, but I have no idea if there is a similar functionality for NVMe M.2 drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back