Contribute
Register

Installing High Sierra 10.13.5 - Stuck at Apple Logo Black Screen - First Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z370
CPU
Intel i7 8700k
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Installing High Sierra 10.13.5 - Stuck at Apple Logo Black Screen - First Hackintosh

This is my first Hackintosh build and install. So far I've been using and following all the directions on this site (tonymacx86) using UniBeast and MultiBeast from USB and the latest version of High Sierra. Apple released the 10.13.5 update just as I finished building and now my install process seems to halt at the Apple Logo and Black Screen. Note: my BIOS aren't showing my SSD although it is installed on the motherboard successfully.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this or offer me installation advice?
  • Are UniBeast / MultiBeast / Clover up to date enough for this to install successfully?
  • Are there are successful examples of using M.2 after booting with USB installer while installing 10.13.5?
  • Is it an issue with kext files, drivers, etc?
  • Is it possible to download older versions of High Sierra? Would it be worth it?

Any advice, links, similar builds, etc. would be super helpful :)

Here's my specs (using for video editing):
  • Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370
  • PCU: Intel i7 8700k
  • SSD: 970 EVO NVMe M.2
  • RAM: 32GB DDR4
  • GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

@mulatto.brown, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@BreBo Thanks for the message. I've included all the build details (motherboard, cpu, gpu, etc.) in my original post however I've also updated the personal details my profile just in case it helps.

I'm still stuck on the black screen w/ apple logo trying to install -- do you have any advice or know anyone with similar specs trying to install the latest version of High Sierra (10.13.5)?

I'm still stuck on the black screen w/ apple logo trying to install -- do you have any advice or know anyone with similar specs trying to install the latest version of High Sierra (10.13.5)?
Not sure if you will be able to install directly to your SSD - See Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVME SSD
Also the fact that you can't see the SSD in your BIOS sounds strange to me.

Was the SSD already initialized? If not, plug it into another PC/Mac and do the first initialization. After that there is a partition table available and that maybe solves the problem.

Try with adding " USBInjectAll.kext" to your USB's "/EFI/CLOVER/Kext/Other" folder.

This is my first Hackintosh build and install. So far I've been using and following all the directions on this site (tonymacx86) using UniBeast and MultiBeast from USB and the latest version of High Sierra. Apple released the 10.13.5 update just as I finished building and now my install process seems to halt at the Apple Logo and Black Screen. Note: my BIOS aren't showing my SSD although it is installed on the motherboard successfully.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this or offer me installation advice?
  • Are UniBeast / MultiBeast / Clover up to date enough for this to install successfully?
  • Are there are successful examples of using M.2 after booting with USB installer while installing 10.13.5?
  • Is it an issue with kext files, drivers, etc?
  • Is it possible to download older versions of High Sierra? Would it be worth it?

Any advice, links, similar builds, etc. would be super helpful :)

Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back