Contribute
Register

Installing from a SATA Drive (i.e. not USB)

I am starting with the on board graphics but plan to move to a:

HP AMD Radeon RX 560 2GB GPU VRAM Graphics Card
Your profile should reflect your actual hardware not some future dream.

The mobo doesn't say *exactly* what the Graphics stuff is
That's because your integrated graphics come from the processor not the motherboard.

where can I find out what CONFIG.Plist changes I should make for this mobo's graphics?

The only way can see clear to SOME level of installation is to remove all additional h/w (WiFi, Graphics card) and use my 2nd SATA drive as the source.
I am using the SATA since I cannot get passed the USB installer getting stuck waiting for ROOT DEVICE.

Having read a lot of the Dortania guide(s) I am still unsure how to tune some of the CONFIG.plist as it seems to me that many of the "tools" it calls out have to run ON THE TARGET Hardware to gather that info. How do you do that???

I am hoping to github find an EFI that is based upon my ASUS mobo (as is with it's CPU based-graphics.)

Any suggestions would be most welcome. For the time being I am going to update my profile to not include these extras cards to eliminate confusion as to what I am working with.

Some progress...

I was able to get the USB to work and not get stuck.
I was also able to find the correct set of DEVICE PROPERTIES for my mobo ...
The problem now is that after many pages of messages the screen goes BLACK and everything stops.

I am wondering if this is when the OpenCore is handing over to the VENTURA Install side

So far I have not found a matching EFI for my mobo

Some progress...

I was able to get the USB to work and not get stuck.
I was also able to find the correct set of DEVICE PROPERTIES for my mobo ...
The problem now is that after many pages of messages the screen goes BLACK and everything stops.

I am wondering if this is when the OpenCore is handing over to the VENTURA Install side

So far I have not found a matching EFI for my mobo
what device properties?

This is supposed to be valid for Comet Lake Core i5-10600K on my PRIMT H470M-PLUS

But I get the black screen

1710968966031.png

This is supposed to be valid for Comet Lake Core i5-10600K on my PRIMT H470M-PLUS

But I get the black screen

View attachment 580118
Hello,
If your motherboard is
PRIME H570M-PLUS
then
CHIPSET IS H570
else
change your displayed info
1710973031158.png

You can disable internal GPU (chipset H570) in BIOS and go on without any framebuffering.

Watch Dortania / Comel Lake section.

Before going macOS, temporarly install a Windows system on a spare drive and :

- get your .aml files using SSDTTime tool
- get your USB map using USBToolBox
- run some programs to identify your existing hardware

==============================
Keep reading/gathering info from different souces / other users.
Make a check list : what do I need ? from where ? what version ? etc
Find if your motherboard's BIOS has a CFG Lock option.
Find if the motherboard need a BIOS update ( check / research).

Cheers :)

Sorry, I thought I had changed my profile ,,, it is updated now.

I now have a H470M-PLUS and no graphics card.

May I ask if that (still) means I can remove the entire DEVICE PROPERTIES section as shown previously (as Mr. FearTech has suggested.)

And Thanks A LOT for the "start with Windows" suggestion -- I had wondered how I might go about getting the config details specific to my h/w !!! Seems a WHOLE LOT bettererer than continued "guessing" at specifics !

And lastly, disabling the BIOS graphics was because I had a graphics card listed as part of this build.. but it is no longer being used , so I presume that I need the BIOS graphics enabled, no?

Sorry, I thought I had changed my profile ,,, it is updated now.

I now have a H470M-PLUS and no graphics card.

May I ask if that (still) means I can remove the entire DEVICE PROPERTIES section as shown previously (as Mr. FearTech has suggested.)

And Thanks A LOT for the "start with Windows" suggestion -- I had wondered how I might go about getting the config details specific to my h/w !!! Seems a WHOLE LOT bettererer than continued "guessing" at specifics !

And lastly, disabling the BIOS graphics was because I had a graphics card listed as part of this build.. but it is no longer being used , so I presume that I need the BIOS graphics enabled, no?
Graphics should say:

Intel UHD 630

I don't suppose that there is a"guide" of sorts anywhere that can talk me through a basic Windows build .. I think I recall seeing some of this in the Dortania guidelines... I'll try there first.

Back