Contribute
Register

Installing from a SATA Drive (i.e. not USB)

Motherboard
ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I was getting 'stuck' at the STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE with all my USB attempts so I created a SATA drive of the EFI and Ventura Install, and am booting from that.

This setup gets A LOT farther but now is "looping" with a group of 20 or so messages -->
launchd system/com.apple.bluetoothd [nnn] <notice> service state running

a bunch more lines indicating that there is
... ERROR 3: NO SUCH PROCESS

The group ends with
com.apple.xpc.launchd ... denied lookup: name=com.apple.private.corewifi-xpc requester = bluetoothd[nnn], ERROR = 159: Sandbox Restriction

It waits about 5 seconds and repeats with NNN increasing by 1

I've attached the (sn removed) config.plist and a screen shot

Attachments

• config_redacted.plist.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 5
  • screens.zip
    17.9 MB · Views: 2
Hi,
I was getting 'stuck' at the STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE with all my USB attempts so I created a SATA drive of the EFI and Ventura Install, and am booting from that.

This setup gets A LOT farther but now is "looping" with a group of 20 or so messages -->

a bunch more lines indicating that there is
... ERROR 3: NO SUCH PROCESS

The group ends with
com.apple.xpc.launchd ... denied lookup: name=com.apple.private.corewifi-xpc requester = bluetoothd[nnn], ERROR = 159: Sandbox Restriction

It waits about 5 seconds and repeats with NNN increasing by 1

I've attached the (sn removed) config.plist and a screen shot
enable:
XhciPortLimit

use a usb2 stick, try all ports on back of motherboard

If you are getting Bluetooth and wireless related errors disable them while you install the OS.

If you are getting Bluetooth and wireless related errors disable them while you install the OS.
Thanks! Do you mean in the BIOS or in my config.plist somewhere?

Thanks! Do you mean in the BIOS or in my config.plist somewhere?
BIOS, you have nothing related in your config.plist.

Take another look at the Device Properties for your graphics too. (config.plist before you ask)

BIOS, you have nothing related in your config.plist.
The BIOS on my mobo ASUS Prime H570M-PLUS has no BLUETOOTH nor WiFi. I do have a FENVI T919 that I plan to use for WiFi... should I put that in now?

The group ends with

These look to be Bluetooth related to me, if you don't have Bluetooth then it is hard to imagine where they are coming from.

I agree... FYI -- I added the WiFi card -- no joy.

And as far as you know there is no means to enable/disable things like this in the CONFIG.PList ??

A long time ago we used to see system hangs on Bluetooth (even when no Bluetooth was present) and it was a red herring. The error was related to what came next and that was graphics. No idea if this is still a thing but your graphics do appear to be incorrectly configured.

Interesting... I am starting with the on board graphics but plan to move to a:

HP AMD Radeon RX 560 2GB GPU VRAM Graphics Card

So (a) The mobo doesn't say *exactly* what the Graphics stuff is; where can I find out what CONFIG.Plist changes I should make for this mobo's graphics? I see that there is an SSDT-GPU-DISABLE... I Presume I need to do that if I am going to go the (b) way?

or (b) I could put the graphics card in now but what PLIST changes do I make there?

Thanks for all this help !
tony

Back