AMD Radeon HD6950
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Guys,

i bought the laptop in my signature and created three partitions with gparted for a multi boot system with clover:

1) EFI Partition with 250MB
2) Windows Partition with 120GB
3) OSX Partition with 120GB

I installed Windows 10 UEFI and now i'm about to install El Capitan. I created a Unibeast Boot Stick and started the OSX installer in verbose mode. Then I get this error message:

errmsg.jpg

How do I deal with this error message?

Hey Guys,

i bought the laptop in my signature and created three partitions with gparted for a multi boot system with clover:

1) EFI Partition with 250MB
2) Windows Partition with 120GB
3) OSX Partition with 120GB

I installed Windows 10 UEFI and now i'm about to install El Capitan. I created a Unibeast Boot Stick and started the OSX installer in verbose mode. Then I get this error message:

View attachment 180018

How do I deal with this error message?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Is it really necessary to fix graphics kext etc before?
To me it looks like a UEFI error...

I tried all osxaptiofixdrv 1 and 2 and lowmemfix.. no sucess.

Are you referring to SMBIOS?

EDIT:

Here is the full error message which is displayed just before the laptop restarts:

errmsg2.jpg

Is it really necessary to fix graphics kext etc before?
To me it looks like a UEFI error...

I tried all osxaptiofixdrv 1 and 2 and lowmemfix.. no sucess.

Are you referring to SMBIOS?

EDIT:

Here is the full error message which is displayed just before the laptop restarts:

View attachment 180021

Post EFI/Clover folder (not EFI folder). Please strip Clover/themes before compressing as ZIP.

You did not follow the guide. The guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. The config.plist you have is not from the guide. You also forgot HFSPlus.efi. The kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts are not per guide.

Read/follow the guide carefully.

You did not follow the guide. The guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. The config.plist you have is not from the guide. You also forgot HFSPlus.efi. The kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts are not per guide.

Read/follow the guide carefully.

I followed the guide, inserted the required kexts and the config.plist and now it started the installation process.

Thank you Rehabman! :headbang:

My next problem:

I installed clover to the EFI partition but my laptop always started Windows 10 and not clover. Because everything is on one SSD i could not select any preferred boot device in my BIOS. I googled a bit and found this:

1. Boot from the OS X Clover usb again. (If you cant boot from usb and it goes to windows automaticly, just reset youre pc, as soon as it shows bios loading, reset it again, and then select usb as boot device)
  2. Mount the main EFI with Clover configurator;
  3. Open the main EFI file drive on the desktop, browse to EFI/Clover and copy CLOVERX64.efi to /EFI/Mircosoft/Boot.
  4. In EFI/Microsoft/Boot rename the file bootmgrfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi
  5. In EFI/Microsoft/Boot rename the file CLOVERX64.EFI to bootmgfw.efi
  6. Reboot without the Clover USB

Now the laptop starts with Clover and El Capitan works but I cant start Windows 10 with hitting the button for it.

Now it's working with the Windows Button. I have a new problem:

My clover screen shows 4 partitions, 2 for Windows and 2 for OS X.
I want to hide the Recovery HD from OS X and a small partition from Windows. The Problem is, that the one partition has no name and i tried the <hide> tag in GUI section in the config.plist, it dont work for me.
How can I find the GUID adress for the partitions that i want to hide.

Another problem: I set the screen resolution in <ScreenResolution> to 1366 x 768 and made a background in this size. Clover dont use this resolution and the background (which is exactly 1366 x 768) seems to be too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back