Contribute
Register

Installer won't show in clover from Unibeast created Install Drive. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
GTX 1080
Only windows partitions shows up when I boot to the installation drive created in unibeast. I had sunk around $2000 into this hackintosh build using the buyer's guide, I live in a country where store returns are not accepted, so I'm screwed if this does not work out:

Parts list: z370 Gigabyte aorus gaming 5, i7-8700k, 16gb corsair vengeance ddr4 3000, no gpu installed as of yet. Below is a picture of the boot screen.

Attachments

• IMG_2771.JPG
    IMG_2771.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
I also get this issue and had to use Sierra instead of High Sierra, I have all correct BIOS settings and everything set in the EFI folder including APFS.efi. EFI folder included below (you should do the same)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 79
Thanks my man, I will try it out and let you know.

I also get this issue and had to use Sierra instead of High Sierra, I have all correct BIOS settings and everything set in the EFI folder including APFS.efi. EFI folder included below (you should do the same)
Well I just tried what you recommended and I replaced the EFI folder, but no luck, still the same.

Parts list: z370 Gigabyte aorus gaming 5, i7-8700k, 16gb corsair vengeance ddr4 3000, no gpu installed as of yet.
Not according to your profile!

Please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Do you have "FakeSMC.kext"?
I am borrowing this thread because I'm having a similar issue. It shows apple loading screen and then it.. shows half of the Ghostbusters logo. I have tried both legacy and UEFI boot method and get the same screen. I do not do inject nvidia graphics.

What is the deal with FakeSMC.kext that you are asking about? I saw that it gets mention in unibeast but it is not something I can tick in a box.
How do I make the install more verbose?

Edit:
I am trying to install 10.13.4 btw

Edit 2
I tried removing my gtx 980 ti and could still not continue.
Then I read that it's better using USB 2, and that worked! I put it in USB3 at first. I am looking at Multibeast now, getting errors installing bootloader.

Attachments

• serveimage.png
    serveimage.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back