Graphics
GTX 970
asus rampage 3 extreme
intel i7 960
6gb ram
nvidia 560ti gpu
seagate 500gb hdd
OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3 DVD

after following instructions to the letter, the installer (after step 2.14 in instructions guide) gets stuck at, 'Time Remaining: About 22 minutes' and stays there. I get the same results on every computer i try this on. the install begins but it never completes. why is this happening?

Tried on a different computer

asus maximus IV gene-z
i7-2600k
asus GTX 760
4gb ram

this time installation completed 'successfully', but after rebooting with iboot & selecting Snow Leopard, I get white page w/apple logo then a black box w/different languages says:

You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again.”

and then the same thing happens again.

Tried on a different computer

asus maximus IV gene-z
i7-2600k
asus GTX 760
4gb ram

this time installation completed 'successfully', but after rebooting with iboot & selecting Snow Leopard, I get white page w/apple logo then a black box w/different languages says:

You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again.”

and then the same thing happens again.

Remove the gfx card and try with the HD3000 gfx in the 2600K - no SL support for GTX760.
Remember the MSR in Asus BIOS is locked and you either need to install NullCPU to prevent KP (that box you describe with the languages) or patch the BIOS. See http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/faq/

Whoopee! . . i got it to work in the R3E! used iboot legacy instead of iboot. and after successful install rebooted with PCIRootUID=1.

Now . . going to STEP 3!

asus rampage 3 extreme
intel i7 960
6gb ram
nvidia 560ti gpu
seagate 500gb hdd
OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3 DVD

after following instructions to the letter, the installer (after step 2.14 in instructions guide) gets stuck at, 'Time Remaining: About 22 minutes' and stays there. I get the same results on every computer i try this on. the install begins but it never completes. why is this happening?

Rita...

On this hardware you have listed it is again the video card....

560s were very touchy

suggest you review this link for video cards to use w snow leo..
http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Card_Database

I decided to give this another try and using:

asus rampage 3 extreme
i7 960
6G F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD
GTX 480
snow leopard 10.6.3 DVD

I’ve installed OS X 10.6.3 to ssd and am able to boot system to desktop, but I cannot get Safari to to navigate beyond Apple website to download
‘Mac OS X 10.6.8 Combo Update’ and ‘Multibeast’. Can someone please help me?

I decided to give this another try and using:

asus rampage 3 extreme
i7 960
6G F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD
GTX 480
snow leopard 10.6.3 DVD

I’ve installed OS X 10.6.3 to ssd and am able to boot system to desktop, but I cannot get Safari to to navigate beyond Apple website to download
‘Mac OS X 10.6.8 Combo Update’ and ‘Multibeast’. Can someone please help me?
use another computer to download them to a usb stick

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

thank you feartech,
‘Mac OS X 10.6.8 Combo Update’ and ‘Multibeast’ installed and now running 10.6.8! But now i cannot connect to internet at all; with 10.6.3 i was able to load apple website and navigate through it (only).

thank you feartech,
‘Mac OS X 10.6.8 Combo Update’ and ‘Multibeast’ installed and now running 10.6.8! But now i cannot connect to internet at all; with 10.6.3 i was able to load apple website and navigate through it (only).
maybe install network kext?

also check network preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back