Gigabyte ATI Radeon 6850 HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello folks,

I have had a totally stable SL 10.6.7 system for about 6 months. I have since tried to load Lion on my system. I followed "xMove + MultiBeast: Install OS X 10.7 Lion on any Supported Intel Core 2 or Core i based PC" to the letter, but now cannot get my Installer partition to boot. I have tried to run multibeast on the drive to get the IOPCIFamilyfix and NullCPUPowerManagement drivers loaded, but multibeast always fails. During the boot process, I get kernal panics but they are different every time. Generally always the last item listed has something to do with 'ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin'. I have read a ton of the forum messages and none seem to work for me... I need some assistance, please.

My Hardware:
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0
Intel Core i7 960
Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3 RAM - 12gb
XFX Radeon HD 5770 Video Card
Corsair 750W power supply
WD Caviar Black 1T hard drive

Some of the things that I have tried:
On some of the forums, it mentions that you cannot have a hard drive plugged into the white SATA ports... I unhooked these.
One forum mentioned unhooking my DVD drive, done...
I tried to run Multibeast on the installer partition to no avail, always fails

Any ideas?

Big E

I'm going to try it too. I successfully ran xmove as well on my p5kpl-am se board and with any bootflag i found i still get the same results. The installer hangs indefinately. I'll post my results. Thanks for the idea SubCell.

Burn to CD as .iso (same as you did with iBoot) do not drop and drag it, start computer up with disk in drive (same as you did with iBoot) should do it, I would guess.....as I haven't personally used it.

If you are doing it on a Win machine use ISOMaker or some such utility.

SnapMan said:
Burn to CD as .iso (same as you did with iBoot) do not drop and drag it, start computer up with disk in drive (same as you did with iBoot) should do it, I would guess.....as I haven't personally used it.

If you are doing it on a Win machine use ISOMaker or some such utility.

Or use ImgBurn [link]. I wish there was an ImgBurn for Mac OS X. One of the best free utilities out there IMHO.

After all this time, it was my video card!!!! I have a XFX Radeon HD5770 that worked great with 10.6.7, but the minute I tried to get 10.6.8 and Lion to work, freeze and nothing. Swapped it out for a GeForce 8800GT that I had laying around and Lion installed beautifully and is working excellent. Thanks to JPA and Tony for all the excellent information.

Big E

All I did was look at the what the Kernel Panics pointed to in my case it was FakeSMC and IOACPIfamily (spelling might be wrong). I just rebooted back to SL install and copied the corresponding kexts from Snow leopard S/L/E to the installer's volume\extra\installer folder and it worked.

I did get KPs after Lion install though. So what I did was do a -v, look at what was causing the panics, I booted to safe mode, and copied the problem kexts from the S\L\E folder into the Extra folder.

Rebuilt permissions, reboot, and now it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back