Contribute
Register

Installer partition hanging on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put it E/E on my SL drive... I also put in in S/L/E on my installer partition, but I'm not sure if you actually need to do that.

I just get a blank screen after -v is ran .

Tried grapicsenabler=no still no lick. Is it recommended to upgrade with only 4gb?

Pos005 said:
Finally figured it out. It was a problem with Chimera injecting the graphics card. Netkas posted a new aty_init.kext that fixes the problem for 5750/5770. I installed the kext into E/E, changed graphicsenabler=no, ran system utilities in multibeast, then rebooted and I was able to boot the Lion partition easily. I got Lion fully installed and working, and even have fully acceleration on my graphics by adding my device ID to the kext however I still have to use the new aty_init.kext. Obviously the injection problem should be fixed in the next Chimera update, but for now this works fine.

i;m using the 5770 as well. i was able to get thru with your instructions but then i get a blank screen

finzel and maybe others,
I had the exact same problem. Turned out my DSDT was the reason I had to rollback those kexts in the first place. So I downloaded the dsdt autopatcher to create a new DSDT.aml, put that into Extra, and now I can boot into the lion installer no problem (with plain vanilla kexts) :headbang:

sirenum said:
finzel and maybe others,
I had the exact same problem. Turned out my DSDT was the reason I had to rollback those kexts in the first place. So I downloaded the dsdt autopatcher to create a new DSDT.aml, put that into Extra, and now I can boot into the lion installer no problem (with plain vanilla kexts) :headbang:
Hi sirenum,

Do you think you could share your DSDT? I have a similar system (including the same video card), and the one I have is not allowing me to fully boot Lion or 10.6.8. 10.6.7 and earlier booted normally.

Pos005 said:
Finally figured it out. It was a problem with Chimera injecting the graphics card. Netkas posted a new aty_init.kext that fixes the problem for 5750/5770. I installed the kext into E/E, changed graphicsenabler=no, ran system utilities in multibeast, then rebooted and I was able to boot the Lion partition easily. I got Lion fully installed and working, and even have fully acceleration on my graphics by adding my device ID to the kext however I still have to use the new aty_init.kext. Obviously the injection problem should be fixed in the next Chimera update, but for now this works fine.

Something for the nVidia users as well?

Pos005 said:
This is what happens every time I try and boot.

Maybe... It needs kernel freg 'PCIRootUID=0'. Just do it one time.

and if you could get in install cycle, You are falled into the same problem as I encounter now.

--oops these are already so many reply!!--

DasFx said:
Hi try this worked for me ...

On your SL system locate your “FakeSMC.kext” (typically in Extra > Extensions) and copy it to Installers “System > Library > Extensions”.
 In Terminal navigate to “Extensions” (you can do this quickly by typing “cd ” and then dragging & dropping “Extensions” to Terminal) and fix permissions using:
sudo su
[your password here]
chown -R 0:0 FaksSMC.kext
chmod -R 755 FakeSMC.kext

After that i reboot and start from installer  and it works. No beach balling

Cheers

Christian Kwoll

Didn't work for me. Still stuck at DSMOS has arrived.

mrmylanman said:
Thanks for the tip Pos005, I was able to move forward a bit in the bootup process, but now it is hanging later on:

https://plus.google.com/108911746366875 ... u4dWYLzr2G

Last line at this point is:

FakeSMCDevice: Successfully initialized

Anyone else see this?

I am stuck on this point also, after being on the [ PCI configuration begin ] for a while.
using Unibeast with Lion 10.7.0. I will update here if I find anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back