Contribute
Register

Installer partition hanging on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pos005 said:
The only thing I can suggest at this point is to try booting with this kernel flag: UseKernelCache=Yes. If it doesn't boot you'll have to wait for a solution...

That worked for me once, but on next reboot it hung again. Tried everything I could try to no avail. Then I tried UseKernelCache=No and I got in again. Kinda worried to reboot it now.

Yeah I've got nothing else for yah man. Obviously this is a problem... lots of views on this thread... unfortunately no one has a solution as of yet... Still hoping that Tony has something up his sleeve.

yeah i have the hanging screen too... it stops at PCI Configuration Begin as well.

It did with 10.6.8 and i switched out AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from 10.6.7 and everything was back to awesome.

Well, I tried that for the Lion installer, and yes, it proceeds on but then stops just at the point of DSMOS has arrived, right before the GUI pops up.

and i have tried up until this post every boot flag suggested from previous posts of this and other threads.

I hate to say it, but I feel like we'll have to wait for Tony to release the new version of iboot for lion and hope it fixes the problem...

I should have posted this before... but no one else had this problem so I thought it wasn't relevant. After I boot the installer partition and it gets to the DSMOS hang, if I press the power button it will KP (See Attached). I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen or not.
IMG_0057.JPG

I tried the one guys method where you delete the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin and ran easybeast and I still wasn't able to boot the installer partition. Tony I need something on this one man, throw me a bone or something. Do I need to re-install my SL, should I wait for a fix, are you planning an iboot that lets me boot off a dvd? I'm just looking for some advice.

In order for me to boot to the installer drive, I had to remove the sleepenabler.kext from the SL drive. I then booted to the Installer drive using Arch=i386, even though I was running a 32bit kernel.

Once I got Lion installed, I ran Multibeast and told it to reinstall the 64bit mode.

DasFx said:
Hi try this worked for me ...

On your SL system locate your “FakeSMC.kext” (typically in Extra > Extensions) and copy it to Installers “System > Library > Extensions”.
 In Terminal navigate to “Extensions” (you can do this quickly by typing “cd ” and then dragging & dropping “Extensions” to Terminal) and fix permissions using:
sudo su
[your password here]
chown -R 0:0 FaksSMC.kext
chmod -R 755 FakeSMC.kext

After that i reboot and start from installer  and it works. No beach balling

Cheers

Christian Kwoll

Thanks DasFX

Worked perfectly! Finishing up the install now.

Finally figured it out. It was a problem with Chimera injecting the graphics card. Netkas posted a new aty_init.kext that fixes the problem for 5750/5770. I installed the kext into E/E, changed graphicsenabler=no, ran system utilities in multibeast, then rebooted and I was able to boot the Lion partition easily. I got Lion fully installed and working, and even have fully acceleration on my graphics by adding my device ID to the kext however I still have to use the new aty_init.kext. Obviously the injection problem should be fixed in the next Chimera update, but for now this works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back