Contribute
Register

Installer partition hanging on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrmylanman said:
Having an inability to boot up as well. 10.6.8 works beautifully so I'm not terribly upset about it, but the last line I see is:

[ PCI configuration begin ]

This is almost immediately after the computer turns on, so there's not much in the way of output that can help out in diagnosing this problem, although it seems a few others are having this issue as well.

I tried the following flags:

-v
-f -v
-f -v -x
PCIRootUID=1 -f -v -x
PCIRootUID=1 -f -v -x arch=x86_64

I have a Zotac H55ITX-C-E with an Intel Xeon L3426, 4GB of RAM, and an nVidia GTX460.

Not too surprised, since it's day 1 for the mass public, hopefully it gets resolved soon enough though. I'd like to use the $30 I spent on it, haha. :)

I was having this exact same problem but I got by it with a graphicsenabler=no

cadeon said:
mrmylanman said:
Having an inability to boot up as well. 10.6.8 works beautifully so I'm not terribly upset about it, but the last line I see is:

[ PCI configuration begin ]

This is almost immediately after the computer turns on, so there's not much in the way of output that can help out in diagnosing this problem, although it seems a few others are having this issue as well.

I tried the following flags:

-v
-f -v
-f -v -x
PCIRootUID=1 -f -v -x
PCIRootUID=1 -f -v -x arch=x86_64

I have a Zotac H55ITX-C-E with an Intel Xeon L3426, 4GB of RAM, and an nVidia GTX460.

Not too surprised, since it's day 1 for the mass public, hopefully it gets resolved soon enough though. I'd like to use the $30 I spent on it, haha. :)

I was having this exact same problem but I got by it with a graphicsenabler=no

Thanks! I now got to the GUI for the installer, however the keyboard and mouse (both USB) are not recognized it seems, so I cannot do anything. If I move the mouse nothing happens, and typing doesn't work either (I tried hitting num lock or caps lock and no response). Is there a way to force detection of these? If I use the -f or -x options it doesn't seem to want to boot. So far this combo works (unfortunately I can't do anything yet):

PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 graphicsenabler=no -v

Here's the fix.
If you are experiencing a hang on the install when booted or a kp then you have to
1.boot to original sl drive
2. delete any custom sleep kext you may have
3 got to your install drive and remove acpi_smc_platform plugin found in system/library/extensions/ioplatformpluginfamily.kext/show package contents/contents/plugins
4. run multibeast on the sl drive and check easy beast and system utilities
5. reboot to install it should work now.

I'm not sure if that was directed at me, I gave it a shot, however I still get no keyboard or mouse at the graphical installer :(

It was not but here is the revised fix. the last one was confusing
If you are experiencing a hang on the install when booted or a kp then you have to
1.boot to original sl drive
2. delete any custom sleep kext you may have
3 got to your install drive and remove acpi_smc_platform plugin found in system/library/extensions/ioplatformpluginfamily.kext/show package contents/contents/plugins
4. run multibeast on the sl drive and check easy beast and system utilities
5. reboot to install it should work now.

Soon as I chose the installer partition, I'd quickly see the Apple logo and then It'd reboot my machine.

I've now fixed it. I was using an older Chameleon RC5 and I updated to Chimera using Multibeast and it all installed wonderfully and I'm writing this from Lion.

May be worth checking if you're having the same problems I had.

why easy-beast and not user-dsdt?

easy beast makes my system run crappy

So I used
PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 graphicsenabler=no -v
and i was able to install Lion over my Snow leopard but now I cant boot. What do I do now???? I tried using PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 graphicsenabler=no -v again and nothing happened same with -x. any recommendations? If I have to re install SL and restart.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The only thing I can suggest at this point is to try booting with this kernel flag: UseKernelCache=Yes. If it doesn't boot you'll have to wait for a solution...

So, is there really no solution right now for the DSMOS has arrived?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back