Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Every time I try to boot from my installer part ion I get a kp. I've tried safe boot and I am running the latest boot loader. Any ideas?

I can boot with the latest iboot and then it gets stuck on the apple forever

Mine is also suck on the Apple...

I figured it out
If you are experiencing a hang on the install when booted or a kp then you have to
1.boot to original sl drive
2. delete any custom sleep kext you may have
3 got to your install drive and remove acpi_smc_platform plugin found in system/library/extensions/ioplatformpluginfamily.kext/show package contents/contents/plugins
4. run multibeast on the sl drive and check easy beast and system utilities
5. reboot to install it should work now.

Also get KP on booting the installer. Tried removing this acpi_smc_platform, but no change.

Booting -v (and maxmem=4096, as this was needed by iboot, but doesn't change anything here) shows the screen attached.

Board: Intel DH67GD with 16GB Ram, i7-2600
Graphics: Sappihre HD6670

Ideas?

Attachments

• DSC02425.JPG
    DSC02425.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 234
Update: tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No - same end as above.

With PCIRootUID=1 I get the install stopping with the screen shown below (or, with a 2nd try, again the KP from above).
For me it looks like a problem with my graphic card, but it worked with iboot/10.6.8 (though it was not recognized and shown as unknown, but it worked with complete graphics).

Andreas

Attachments

• DSC02426.JPG
    DSC02426.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 197
Update: SOLVED :D

I got a DSDT from http://www.insanelymac.com for my board, removed /extra - folder and restarted Multibeast on my 10.6.8 with DSDT-option. This removed this RadeonMonitor.kext - and after this, I deleted Installer-partition and restarted XMove - procedure again. This time it worked - Lion roaring :mrgreen:

Andreas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back