Contribute
Register

installer language

Status
Not open for further replies.
i downloaded high sierra using that guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-usb-installer-using-opencore.296375/
but instead of burning it with opencore, i did it with clover because open core isnt booting with me
but the installer opens with russian
i need help to change it to english

You can try this:

• Launch Terminal, which is in the fifth menu from the left, labeled Utilitiesin English. The apps have icons next to them, and Terminal is a little rectangle with a prompt in it. After Terminal launches, type sudo languagesetup and press Return. You can then select the language to use.

You can try this:

• Launch Terminal, which is in the fifth menu from the left, labeled Utilitiesin English. The apps have icons next to them, and Terminal is a little rectangle with a prompt in it. After Terminal launches, type sudo languagesetup and press Return. You can then select the language to use.
the problem is the keyboard is not working in the installer

this is the screen infront me

Attachments

• 15998917949167024135761148929153.jpg
    15998917949167024135761148929153.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 426
this is the screen infront me

Maybe the A on the top right? I mean do you really need to read the text to run the install?

nepeyctahobntb macOS is the install option after the first reboot it should give you the language picker.

Maybe the A on the top right? I mean do you really need to read the text to run the install?

nepeyctahobntb macOS is the install option after the first reboot it should give you the language picker.
i need it because i should copy things first before installing

==========================================================================================================================

How to install InstallESD.dmg to GPT with 10.7.x and 10.8.x. (since rev. 480)
----------------------------------------------------------------

First, you need to Restore InstallESD.dmg to disk by using Disk Utility.

Then, follow the stage 1 and stage 2 to install 10.7.x or 10.8.x to GPT, and auto-create the Recovery HD used for iCloud.

Stage 1
---------

1.Remove kernelcache in InstallESD.dmg/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist.
<key>Kernel Cache</key> remove this line.
<string>xxxxxxxxxxxxx</string> remove this line.

2.Copy BaseSystem.dmg/System/Library/Extensions to partition of InstallESD.dmg and add other kexts (FakeSMC.kext).

3.Clover select to "Boot Mac OS X with extra kexts (skips cache)", and follow the installation with restart first time.

Stage 2
---------

1.Remove kernelcache in target partition's /OS X Install Data/com.apple.Boot.plist.
<key>Kernel Cache</key> remove this line.
<string>xxxxxxxxxxxxx</string> remove this line.
( 10.7.x is /Mac OS X Install Data/com.apple.Boot.plist )

2.Copy InstallESD.dmg/System/Library/CoreServices and /mach_kernel to target partition's / .

3.Copy BaseSystem.dmg/System/Library/Extensions to target partition's / and add other kexts (FakeSMC.kext).

4.Boot to "OS X Install" with "Boot Mac OS X with extra kexts (skips cache)" and finish the installation.
(10.7.x is "Mac OS X Install")

==========================================================================================================================

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back